Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

About to smoke weed for the first time...tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheLastOneDead, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Just bought a cheap pipe from a local smoke shop, and a small mason jar...thanks for all of the tips so far haha. I think I'll smoke a bit, then just relax and watch Lord of the Rings Return of the King and prepare myself for The Hobbit.

[​IMG]

2. Did you smoke yet?

3. A pet peeve, but I hate when people say they smoke cigars but don't inhale (because it's not cigarettes or weed)..what do you do, just blow out the imaginary smoke that wasn't inhaled at all?

4. My first time I hit it out of a home-made bong made from a CD-R holder and some PVC piping. We called it "The Jet". I had some very good friends around whom I had known since high school, and they coached me through it. At first I didn't really feel anything, and it took a little bit, but holy shit was I floating on cloud 9 after about 5 minutes. In fact, I remember holding my cheeks, and when asked about it, I was like "They feel like they're gonna fly away, this is cool." lol. It's very relaxing. I wouldn't recommend smoking a lot, but definitely take 10 or 20 minutes between each hit before you pack it up again. You don't want to start freaking out and get incredibly paranoid.

Ignore this guy. Never have I, or anybody I have known (and I know a LOT of stoners) start scratching themselves because they've felt spiders while smoking weed.

5. smoke weed and chill nothing more too it

6. Why exactly is that a pet peeve? Most people that smoke cigars, do not inhale, as they are not intended to be inhaled. Most of the people that inhale cigars, are former cigarette smokers who need a HUGE nicotine fix. You still get nicotine without inhaling.

7. Well, I smoked for the first time. My older brothers dad (different dads) sent him some medical stuff in the mail and that's what I got to smoke. He packed the first bowl for me and after about 30 minutes, it was gone, and I wasn't feeling anything. He decided to pack it again, and we smoked the second one together. I was inhaling deep and holding the smoke in. I didn't think I was feeling it until a couple hours later. My toes were tingly (not sure if that was from the weed) and I was feeling good later in the night. All in all, my first time went well and I'll be smoking again tomorrow.

8. You're in for a wild ride man. Sounds like you didn't get anywhere near the feeling. When smoking, your high should be felt within the first 5-15 minutes or so. And then it increases to a peak over time, and wears off anywhere from 2-6 and even more hours later depending on how much/what you smoked.

I got high my first time trying, but I have smoked with people, who I watched smoke correctly their first time, and they had not gotten high, so I know it is possible. I'm glad you're gonna keep smoking. And you will KNOW when it worked fully. Especially if you got medi bud and a smoker with you making sure you are doing it right.

9. I smoked some medical stuff my first time, it smelled and tasted awesome, but I really wasn't feeling anything. Smoked again today, I bought some weed from my brother. The stuff looks like shit, but smells awesome and I actually felt the high today, it was nice. What would you have paid for this weed? Sorry for the quality of the pic, my camera is a potato.

[​IMG]

10. You're kidding right? What you would pay is dependent on sooo many factors. And without a great pic it wouldn't be possible to give you a ballpark

A vague guestimate would be so inaccurate that it wouldn't really be worth your time.

Besides why do you care what "we" would pay for it? Judge by the value you got out of it what "you" would pay for it.

I would pay $3 for a can of coke when I happen to want one. It just so happens coke is like 50 cents a can. Same with weed...I'd gladly pay 40/gram for good dank because of the value I get out of it.

Fortunately for my wallet dank is 15-20/g :D

11. I believe he is saying that you must inhale for smoke to get into your mouth.

That is not to say you have to inhale a huge drag into your lungs and hold it like you would for cannabis smoking.

There's levels of inhalation...
    Cigars is more of a puff
    Cigarettes is more of a drag
    Weed is more of a hit-large hit
    Hookah is more of a large hit+

Leastways that's the vague scale I use ;)

12. You dont want no part of this shit Dewey.

13. your gonna lose your house

14. When you get high for the first time, you're gonna know. You're gonna just feel happy and you're gonna start thinking of shit you would never think of when sober, and then laughing at it. You'll probably get the munchies as well.

15. I dunno about all that.... ^^^^

You want a rough estimate, that looks like about an 8th of an ounce. Therefore I would say if you are in the US you could pay anywhere from $30-60 for bud of that quality. I can't tell much about the quality due to the pic but I would say it's not straight regs, looks better than mids, and looks like at least some low end dank. So like I said, $30-60.

16. Paid $25, guess that wasn't too bad haha.

17. Nice hookup, man! Sounds like you should stick with the guys who provide the medical green ;)

18. The medical stuff I got was free, it came down from Washington. The stuff in the picture is just some stuff my brother picked up from one of his guys. Think the guy grew it.

19. sit back and enjoy is the only tip you need

20. I'm pretty sure you can draw smoke into your mouth without inhaling any..