About to rain in here!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Delszeki, Feb 8, 2020.

1. So it's been a couple of weeks into vegging and yea. It looks like it is about to rain in here!!

Where is here? In the garage in OKC (winter time!)
    What is going on? 48x48x80 grow tent in the middle of my garage. 2x Humidifiers running to keep RH in the tent around 65%. Intake fan keeping the pressure positive in the tent. (Right now just one 1200W LED)

Inside my tent it's perfect. RH, temp, H2O. It's all lovely. The rest of my garage (housing my bike and gym equipment) is starting to freak me out. Thankfully I go into flowering this upcoming Tuesday. So hopefully the RH in the garage will drop and I won't see water forming on the ceiling.

Yea, everywhere.... My plan is to keep fruiting in the garage space and move the seedling/vegging room into a closet inside the house. Awesome. Er.... The closet is in the office. AKA lots of computers. But it is in the closet. I'll be perfectly fine. Right? Er....

That's what I'm here for. Making sure the next round doesn't screw the inside of my house as I did to my garage. LOL I am thinking that a 4" vent from the vegging side into the attic. If possible as close to the "edge" where there is fresh air as possible. Pulling the air from the veg room out.

My concern is venting into the attic. Yea or nay?

I really don't want moisture being a problem in my office, as I spend a copious amount of time in there. (I am looking forward to hearing the waterfall sound from the NFT system. Yea!)

Anyways. Much thanks in advance... Going to go check on the garage now. ;D <cough cough>pass

2. If you're having trouble with moisture build up, why don't you just lower your humidity a bit? It might not be "perfect", but your plants will veg just fine at 50-55 RH.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. Well, not really concerned about my current situation. Few more days, really in the grand scheme won't matter. Rather have things as close to perfect for now as possible. Considering how many other issues I've got going on, at least this I can somewhat control.

More concerned about the next round when I veg in the closet and controlling that humidity. I'm prolly going to get a dehumidifier for the office (need something ubber quiet tho) and a humidifier for in the closet. They'll be fighting each other, so I'll try and secure that space as much as possible. But yea. Am I fighting a losing battle here? Uphill struggles are real. lol