About to plant, nutrients?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Masterkief87, Jan 16, 2013.

1. So im about to throw a bag seed (already germinated with root coming out) in some miracle grow and see where it goes my question is should i put in Nutrients for my first watering or not. Btw i am going to water the soil before i plant the seed rather than watering after, idk if that changes anything.

2. You should water the soil before you plant, but you shouldn't plant it in miracle gro. It's not good for cannabis cultivation whatsoever. Foxfarm's Ocean Forest and Roots Organic and quality bagged soils. Anything organic without time release fertilizers will do.

Roots Organic and Foxfarm have premixed nutrients, so no extra nutrients for 3-4 weeks. If there are no nutrients in the soil than, 2 weeks. What kind of nutrients do you have?

3. no. throw that miraclegro to the trash. what you need is a seedling soil (no nutrient).

that would be the right way to water the soil. cover it with the tinier humus/dirt particles on the surface about 1/2 inch. Just make sure the seed isn't under a wood chip or piece of pumice (that are OK in soil but not ideal for a seed).

4. there ya go. :hello:

5. Thanks for the info, i have no funds rlly so i have to work with what i got, so i will look for some different medium, i have some plant food that was in my parents shed i took pictures of the nutrient info, and they are attached in photos lemme know what u think of them, heading out to home depot soon so i can get some stuff but like i said i rlly dont have funds

Attached Files:

6. you don't need the funds, you need a basic grasscity organic section hazing.

"nutrients" are all around you. nitrogen can be easily found in your local surroundings (unless you live in death valley). collect some leaf from a vacant home's yard (they don't pay to have leaves removed), pile them up in the park. you want a big pile with a diversity of materials, if you stick to leafy ingredients (brown, green, etc) then animals will not tear the pile apart.

come back in a month and you have free compost, containing all the N-P-K etc. that is needed for the most bountiful harvest.

7. Awsome advice thank you i can get all that stuff in my backyard, do they need to be in sunlight or outside for any reason or can i throw them in a bucket and just throw it in my closet and let that compost jw,

8. ehh... make the pile outside if possible. you are composting on the soil which will increase the decay as earthworms rise up to consume the material.

there are many ways to skin a jack rabbit, check out youtube, unorthodox compost