About to go to Home Depot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Glory, Mar 10, 2014.

1. So my plants are about a month old, and I just came into some money. I have only fertilized all 4 of my plants 1 time with some generic indoor plant fertilizer. I have a question for you growers:

What should I buy for less than $100? Suggest anything related to meters, (pH meters, etc.) nutrients, lights, fans, anything. My low budget grow is currently in a closet with 2 120W lights, I don't have any other humidifiers or anything really. I just want to get the best yield possible for my first time. My plants all look healthy as it stands right now.

Thanks guys!

:)

2. 4 plants in a closet and $100? 

I'd think you'd need lights and fresh air mostly.
    On that budget I would invest in CFL lights and what ever fans that will provide the necessary ventilation for your grow area.

3. What medium are you growing in?  I would splurge on some good quality light- either an HID, or CFL's.  I don't know much about CFL's so read the lighting info on the forum.  Good luck.

4. I'd invest in a good grow tent and a good carbon filter so you don't get caught 

5. #5 Mark-it-Zero, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Well you want about 100w minimum per plant with CFL, if you could have 8 42w 6500K CFL's and 4 42w 2700K CFL's for veg and the reverse for flowering you would get optimal light for those four plants. CFL's also seem to work the best mounted horizontally in like a DIY reflector hood if possible.

If you only have 100$ PH test strips or the PH test liquid with the test vial will be accurate enough for your needs, just need to try to keep your runoff PH in range with whatever medium you plan to use. If you can get them try to find better quality nutrients like the ones you would get at a hydro shop. You can get a set of general organics or general hydroponics fairly cheap, the really cheap nutrients like miracle grow or schultz doesn't really have the right ratios for cannabis and is missing some of the micro nutrients.

You will definitely need some way to ventilate your grow space. You can do it with just fans in a closet but your whole house will smell before the plants even get into flower. I tried to do a closet grow with a 150w hps and CFL's and the smell was out of control only in veg even with a DIY ONA bucket, was moved into a tent with a filter and inline fan.