About to give up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fasthonda, May 18, 2019.

1. About to give up on soil and go back to hydro I have been reading and reading and I just can’t grasp this watering concept for the life of me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ???
    What are you finding so difficult?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have 4 autos in 5gallon fabric pots they are 10 days from sprout I have been watering every four days with a good amount of water but I am worried that I have been watering to often. Using ffof and happy frog 50/50 mix. I can’t tell when I should be watering and how much no nutes have been added since no signs of deficiencies but I want a good root mass since growing hydro for 10 years I understand how important a good root structure means for a healthy plant. Just switched to soil to try to learn something new but it doesn’t seem to be for me maybe I’m just over thinking it

4. Man I am in the same boat with soil but I think I am finally starting to get it down. I would say ditch the ffof literally both times I have tried it I have had horrible results. I want to make a note that I am a new grower. A couple things I'm curious did you mix your soil straight from bag and plant into it? Or was it mixed and then had time to dry out? Also before you give up on soil one thing I would urge you to try is a photo plant started in a solo cup it makes the watering alot easier to understand than big pots. Imo starting in a larger pot should not be done by a new grower or new to soil. Another thing to note is that if you grew in a hydro system before this it is going to look like your plants are growing at turtle speed especially in a larger pot from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well it's good you haven't fed them yet they're still a a little young. You shouldn't have started them in a 5 gallon pot, there are many reasons why, at 10 days old the roots are no where close to filling the pot and when you water alot of it is being wasted and is just sinking to the bottom and taking nutrients with it. Also like you say you don't know if they need water and you may water to often. You say your watering every 4 days so that's OK depending how much water your using most maybe wasted. But if your plants are over or under watered they will let you know with saggy leaves. Post a pic me or someone can usually tell if the soil is to wet. If the soil is some what dry about 2 inches below the surface your probably due for a watering.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You got pics? They in flower yet? If ur actually gonna give up turn them into oil.

7. It won’t let me post pictures

8. Groovy no they are not in flower they are 10 days old all I would do is dig them up and put them into hydroton and grow monsters with ease

9. Can you upload the pictures to Imgur and post those links here?

10. Why would you even consider switching to dirt after hydro?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hard drive just wanted to try something new

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Jon23, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Hey, whats wrong with dirt?

13. What do you mean?

14. I got you PM i guess, no pics, not sure how to post pics i don't you the app.

15. If your talking to me i meant to say "What's wrong with dirt?" but of course my spell check f'd up ROFL

16. Here is one of them but they were all fed same day same amount

17. Looks good to me, the leaves are a little curled how much water did you give them?

18. Well if you have hydro down, no advantage to dirt.
    You have slower growth, bugs, hard to tell the PPM's and PH, most everyone thinks it's a deficiency and it's a PH lock out. You can cut twice with hydro to once in dirt. Veg for 2 months in dirt, I veg for 3 weeks. Last grow using the new QB boards I got 1.3 GPW in less than 90 days, a total of 27+ oz's.
    My .02 anyways.
    Don't beat me to hard

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ummm about a 1/2 gallon each about 4 days ago so I’m probably gonna give them a few more days to dry out and start to droop before watering. Been considering adding some mycos to the water to help roots, in hydro made my roots explode