About to give up, stuff keeps wilting up on me

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wired2341, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ive had 7 different seedlings do the same thing to me over and over.

At about the 2 week mark, the leaves start to wilt up at the tips and slowly deteriate all while growth getting stunted.

Ive tried switching the soil, the nutrients, not using nutrients and then using nutrients, and the lights. I just switched the light cycle from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

The only thing that is the same is the water source at this point which. Ive tried using tap and using reverse osmosis water from the same tap.

This plant is 3 weeks from the ground tomorrow, and is doing what every other one has done. Only this one got bigger then the other ones when they started to do the same thing.

Soil is Sunshine mix #4 (soiless) this time. I do have Fox Farms happy frog and have had the same results. I used advanced nutrients Ph perfect this time around, and am using 1 ml per liter. The run off is at 6.0 (it is soiless so I am told this is acceptable). I water with 6.3 or when I fed, the ph perfect makes the water nutrient solution 6.0.

I am at a lost for words. I had a very successful first/second grow, but this is just crazy. If anybody could help me out at this point, I would appreciate it. The pictures below are from today and are of dinafem critical jack autoflower.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a PH problem to me. I don't really know what PH to use for sunshine mix, but it seems like the soilless mixes are treated like hydro around 5.8.

3. might be too much nutes

try feed water feed water or
    feed water water feed water water and see if it makes a difference
    soil tends to hold nutes longer

4. [quote name='"Wired2341"']Ive had 7 different seedlings do the same thing to me over and over.

At about the 2 week mark, the leaves start to wilt up at the tips and slowly deteriate all while growth getting stunted.

Ive tried switching the soil, the nutrients, not using nutrients and then using nutrients, and the lights. I just switched the light cycle from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

The only thing that is the same is the water source at this point which. Ive tried using tap and using reverse osmosis water from the same tap.

This plant is 3 weeks from the ground tomorrow, and is doing what every other one has done. Only this one got bigger then the other ones when they started to do the same thing.

Soil is Sunshine mix #4 (soiless) this time. I do have Fox Farms happy frog and have had the same results. I used advanced nutrients Ph perfect this time around, and am using 1 ml per liter. The run off is at 6.0 (it is soiless so I am told this is acceptable). I water with 6.3 or when I fed, the ph perfect makes the water nutrient solution 6.0.

I am at a lost for words. I had a very successful first/second grow, but this is just crazy. If anybody could help me out at this point, I would appreciate it. The pictures below are from today and are of dinafem critical jack autoflower.[/quote]

Nute burn, ph issues, or heat issues are my best guesses. Get a thermometer/hygrometer and a ph tester and get results of it's conditons

5. Temps are 78-80. Watered today with 1 ml of ph perfect of micro/grow/bloom per liter of water (so about 25 percent of normal full dose). Ph of nutrient solution was 6.8 so I bumped it down to 6.4. Run off was 6.1. I have new growth, and the color of the leaves are still dark green. This is different because growth seemed stunted in previous grows and the leaves were a light lime green color.

I am leaning towards nute burn at this point. I will see after this watering.

6. sunshine mix comes with dolomite lime, which is similar to ordinary agricultural lime except with a higher level of metals.

If your /nutes contain any EDTA, potassium hydroxide, or other corrosive chemicals, there will be some stress to your plant. Don't worry, eventually dolomite breaks down (usually between 5-8 years), and it's not going to kill your plants.

7. Also flush out your plant regularly with plain water about once every 3 weeks and use plain water every other day.

8. Have you always started them on 24hrs light? Even for seedlings in the first 1-2 weeks that is not advisable.

9. #9 backyard bandit, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    I started some russian rocket fuels indoors at 24/7 at first and wound up dropping down to 20/4. it didnt help at all. it turned out to be the soiless medium i was using and i wound up making a premature transplant to the super soil i had prepared a few weeks earlier for some tomato plants i was gonna put in them. the first true leaves kept that ugly look alot like yours and they still in fact look like that. whatever that coco starter stuff i used did damaged those parts of the plant beyond it's capability to repair.

good news is that the day after i planted them into the azalea pots i was gonna use for tomatoes is that all the new growth was lush healthy green growth. =)

hang in there and just keep some really good soil on reserve if your experimenting with soiless. that's the lesson i learned this summer at least =)

edit: also, sippin is right. get a TDS/EC meter asap. you can skimp on the ph and just use the chemical test honestly. its just as easy to read the result if your not color blind and the TDS/EC is so damned important i am learning

10. I think you are spot on quite a bit of information in this post (unlike the ph perfect comment!) :)

I flushed the plant, and it grew quite a bit. I also transplanted it into a bigger pot as well. Runoff has been around 6.0.

Things were fine until recently when i tried to up the nutrients from 1 ml per liter to 2 ml per liter as the plant got bigger. According to AN thats the equivalent of going from 25 percent to 50 percent. Well, the plant was not happy, and you can see some nasty nutrient burn.

I used my TDS meter, and the runoff was at 1250ppm. Thats obviously too high. The runoff was at 5.7 as well and that seemed too low-even for soiless (sunshine mix #4).

I flushed the plant and the run off was at around 450ppm and a ph of 6.0 again.

I am going to give it another week before I hit it with nutrients again, and new growth happens.

Attached Files:

11. I start them on 24/0 and then switch them to 18/6 after 2 weeks.

12. This is good info.

I have been doing that with 3 plants that I have in my flower tent, and have had great results so far.

13. Plant seems stunted and no new growth.

How long should I wait before adding nutrients again? Plant is obviously stressed :(

Attached Files: