**about To Get Prescription Need Help Asap**

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Motoxridah, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Sorry for the urgent title but in about an hour or two im going to see a therapist or psychiatrist (one or the other) for my "drug usage". Now I suffer from depression but from the looks of it I also suffer from anxiety.

I have had 3 anxiety attacks in my life at random points, nothing too major but I did faint and sweat, the whole works. Now im going to tell my Doc that I suffer from a lot of anxiety on a day to day basis (fabricating it just a bit)

Do you think he will prescribe me xanax or any other anti-anxiety medicine or is he gonna pull a fast one and put me on more (but different) anti-depressants.

Also, should I mention I have anxiety a lot even though I normally say it's the depression that bothers me? Im just trying to get a prescrip of some good benzos. If anyone would let me know that would be great.

Somehow I feel like someone is going to be mad that im trying to "cheat" the system but I honestly do have severe depression and possibly anxiety but I have taken anti-depressants before and all they do is either give me horrible side affects or make me feel like a robot on a day to day basis (and yes I have tried numerous ones: wellbutrin, lexapro, zoloft, etc.

So my main question to you blades is, what should I tell me therapist to get him to prescribe me benzos?

2. are you currently on any meds (anti depressants)? if so he might keep you on those and benzos.

if not, mention previous anti depressants didnt work. and i would say you have a good chance for benzos, probably klonopins.

3. he might put u on lexapro

4. Man fuck those benzos and all that shit bro. That stuff completly fucks up your life.

5. hes been on lexapro and said it didnt help him.

6. The weird part is when I take only 1 bar of xanax I feel normal.... I mean dont get me wrong I feel good but I dont black out and I dont have any major problems with them.

Anti-depressants have been a nightmare for me. I was on welbutrin for 6 months and lost 60 pounds (no joke) because I lost my appetite, couldnt take a piss, couldnt sleep, etc.

Im not on any anti-depressants now but the last thing I want is to go on another anti-depressant. My mom takes lexapro and is miserable, she turned to welbutrin and loved it. So I guess it's all in the person.

And No, I currently dont take any medications. I stopped taking anti-depressants about 4 months ago.

7. Don't mention or underplay the depression, and exaggerate the anxiety, and only if it comes up mention that you where on anti-depressants, and when he mentions what he'll prescribe you'd say something along the lines of "I don't want to be put on drugs to be normal, but I'll try it if it will help" and pretend you know nothing about Xanax, and ask questions that you already know the answers to, like "how exactly should this effect me?" and things like that.
    whatever you do, don't in any way let on that you want a prescription
    and watch your body language, these people are trained to read people, so he might see through you from the start.

8. after 8 weeks of zoloft i lost 10 pounds. shit ruins food.

9. That's what I needed to hear, thank you so much. And to JoeBiggs, I honestly couldnt force myself to eat anything while I Was on welbutrin. I would smoke and smoke and smoke and all my friends would have the munchies like crazy but I couldnt even force myself to eat. I used to be a fat kid (6'0 215 pounds) and my weight just dropped dramatically. Now im 6'1 and weigh 170. I dont know if it was just the welbutrin that gave me a loss of appetite, but I would rather have the feeling of "hunger" than take an anti-depressant that screws everything else in my life up.

10. my guy wont because its normally against policy to prescribe controlled substances.

butttt id try if i was you.

11. If you say you can't sleep you'll get benzos.

12. or look alikes like ambien

which is still alright, i took 20 mg's of it last night and dont remember a thing.

13. FUCK I GOT LEXAPRO that sucksss

14. What kind of doctor would listen to "I've tried Lexapro and it doesn't work" and then prescribe you Lexapro? If he didn't want to do a benzo, you'd think he would have at least tried something new...

15. did you do that? man im sorry for you.

16. for real

17. My uncle told his doctor that if he doesn't prescribe him hydrocodone for his pain he is just going to go out on the street and find it. Of course my uncle takes them for recreational use but he still needs them for his leg and back pain.

18. He said "oh maybe it's just because it was such a high dosage" and gave me something weaker. But he only gave me a sample pack and told me to come back in 3 weeks.

What should I tell the Doc in 3 weeks when I go back to make him not prescribe me different anti-depressants?

You don't understand how many times I said I had anxiety and that it was hard to sleep and I constantly woke up in the middle of the night. I told him I had panic attacks at random points in my life and always feel stressed out in any types of situations. I mean what else do I need to do to get these benzos??? Get on my knees and make him happy? lol if anyone has advice please let me know, I got 3 weeks to think about it.

19. bounce your leg up and down. just on one side tho. like restless leg syndrome.

say anxiety, panic. and youll get klonos for sure. thats what happened with me.

insomnia and depression not as much, exaggerate the panic attacks.