About to get a new piece

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DirtyB, Sep 5, 2012.

1. So I emailed ssfg about a custom gridded stemline, and they had some different varieties made already.

But I'm getting a 16" 38mm gridded stemline for $175. Compared to the 18" 50mm gridded stemline for $275.
    What do you think?

2. you should check out apixdesign. better quality for less money. i just got a king stemline from them yesterday and it blows me away.

3. I think you made the right choice.

4. I'm really debating on the ssfg or save a couple bucks with apix. As far as quality I'm gonma have to say ssfg looks a lot better quality.

Apix just gives off that simple, beginner joints, type of glassblowing.

5. [quote name='"hmdank903"']you should check out apixdesign. better quality for less money. i just got a king stemline from them yesterday and it blows me away.[/quote]

Better quality? What are you basing that claim off?

They are both independent American artists but SSFG has actually been blowing glass longer than apix. I'm not knocking apix, but there's no reason to talk down on SSFG either.

6. ssfg or apix will treat you quite nice.

just pick whichever one appeals to you.

7. #7 bballplayyaa, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Get the SSFG then, I personally think that there welds and tubes look pretty jank compared to apix. Look at thier welds and how they dont show you detailed photos

Edit: I forgot to say alot of there glass is dope and very nice but looks like the scientific stuff they need practice on

[​IMG]

8. ^ that tree is janky as fuck.

I say apix as well. Dans never done me wrong

9. Well guys after all the uncertainty and wanting to save a bit where I can.
    I ordered a 9.5" gridded stemline with a bent neck for $155 shipped overnight.

Attached a pick. Probably wouldn't have got it without the vent neck haha

Attached Files:

10. Does it have a joint reinforcement?

11. Pretty satisfied.

Attached Files: