About to flower first SCROG grow...Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by blackyblack, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hey all,

I'm about to flower my first SCROG method grow. As you can see, one plant, DWC, 600w LED light in a 3'x3'x5.5' tent. I have been vegging for exactly one month. Was planning on longer but she is going to stretch and has already filled about 70% of the screen. Strain is Gorilla Glue.

Should I wait longer? Good to go? Any input/advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. That's an impressive amount of growth for 4 weeks - your plant looks good. I would definitely remove the growth under the net. And based on the space left, you need to flower now.

3. Thanks man! Just switched her over to 12/12 last night. I can't believe the difference Hydro makes. I've always grown soil with 1000w mh and this is at least twice as fast. I've also been super diligent about checking ph and PPM's every day multiple times which helped.

This was her on April 1st:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nice job. Ya gotta love hydro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would tuck those chutes back under the net so it's spread out more. Plant looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. Makes me drool. Dwc is my next step. Just have to wait for funds from the old lady. Hahaha. . Anyways they look good. Maybe pick of the under growth from the screen. No reason for it and in the first week of the flower it won't hurt them to trim.

FuZzY back in Garden. Second grow. CMH-315 sun system. 4x4 tent soil. Lets have fun
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...system.-4x4-tent-soil.-Lets-have-fun.1443872/

7. I like to see aeroponics vs rwdc and such, never seem to find that =/

Very nice on her, is that a true 600 watt led?

8. I have tried but they're too thick at this point and I don't really want to supercrop caus of the stress. Hopefully its not too big of an issue as she moves further into flowering.

9. Thanks for the input! I'm planning on it, just waiting for my first batch of clones to take root so I can make some more. They are just starting to show signs so it shouldn't be more than a couple more days. Then she'll be fully lollie popped :)

10. Thank you! Aeroponics may be my next move, although I do want to try to build a larger RDWC as well with a bigger tent. We shall see. It is a true 600w LED, and I have another 300W that I might add although that might be overkill. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Won't really stress them(I never seen a major sign), it will ad a big knot on the stem for you. I been super cropping the heck out of my ladies next day they are perfect and where I want them to be. They will just bend and grow up towards the light.

Then again if you never done it before, should try in Veg to get a better feel for it.

12. If you had more height I say go for it. But I also don't know your light and your space is pretty tight. I think you will kill it with the light you have, how far away is it from the top now?

And same I love to do aeroponics. Soon as I am done building my room I want to start testing other hydro systems and do compare grows. But left foot in front of the right foot first.

13. Quick update: 3 days into flower and already stretching a bit. Excited to see what the next week holds. Going to do a full reservoir change tomorrow. Pics below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have supercropped before but only in Veg. Still considering it because as you can see shes already stretching quite a bit and were only 3 days into flower.

I can raise the light up another 2 feet so I'm not too worried about space since LED is so much cooler and doesn't seem to burn as easily, definitely a concern in the back of my mind though.

15. It's more of the bleaching that won't happen instantly. Not sure how close your light is. But yeah if you got two feet that may be good for you. I use the super cropping if a branch is 3-4 inches higher then the others. This way gives them a chance to catch up. Sorry if I am telling you things you know, not sure your level. I just try to end my growth with as even of a canopy as I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No not at all I really appreciate it! There are a couple of the main branches that are growing much higher than the others so I'll probably supercrop to give the lower branches a chance like you said. Thanks again! Will update soon!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, I am not even using a net this time I just been super cropping them to train them. I like to use like a round pen and hold it behind the stem and then push on the other side with my thumb. I just feel it gives me an easier time when damaging the cell walls.

I do that, come back the next day the leaf is right back up at the height I wanted and the knot begins! I don't know if it's true or not but I like to think something happens. People think that knot gives you bigger flowers. The thought behind it is that it makes the tube hold bigger and making it easier to get their feed in a larger volume. Don't know if that's the case or not but either way they seem to love it.

18. Sweet! Well I hope its true caus I just supercropped about 5 of the taller branches. I'll post a pic when they bounce back. The height of the canopy is much more even now :)

19. Great! Just a quick tip something to think about. Let the edges grow up taller. I used to keep them short as well, but seen a lot of reasons why that's wrong. So if you let the outters grow up taller because they are not in the center of your light. This will allow them to try and get as much light as the center is getting. Watched a pretty good talk on that today, so really felt like I was on a good track with that. Thought I pass it along.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thank you! I've actually been concerned about that. They don't seem to be growing as quickly as the center and I don't want them to get left behind lol. Hopefully the super cropping will help them catch up with the others :)