About to buy portable vape PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BigNugDoug, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #1 BigNugDoug, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    I totally stole that other guys thread title but it's all good. haha

I'm lookin for a portable pen style vape *edit* after further reading it doesn't have to be pen style.  Preferably something that can do both concentrates and herbs though. I have little knowledge of all these portable vapes it seems there are TONS on the market these days.  I don't want to just walk into a head shop and get sold on a product I am not happy with.

So can anyone give me a rundown on the different types of pen style units there are?  Some are for wax, some are for herbs and what's the deal with that flavored oils? PG and VG?  It can be mixed with medicinal cannabis oils?

Can anyone recommend me a good pen that is possible to vape both concentrates and dry herbs?  Or even a good place to start with researching these?  Also what am I looking at spending on one of these.

Cheers!

Nope.   It doesn't exist...............yet.

3. Anything that claims to do both if you found one I'd stay away from. Right now no company has a worthy solution to vape both and honestly I don't see one coming out soon. I can't see the 2 mixing well and still functioning as a vaporizer working out for anyone hah.

Have a good one.

4. [quote name="venomflipz" post="19441907" timestamp="1391189419"]Anything that claims to do both if you found one I'd stay away from. Right now no company has a worthy solution to vape both and honestly I don't see one coming out soon. I can't see the 2 mixing well and still functioning as a vaporizer working out for anyone hah.Have a good one.[/quote]What do u guys think about the v3 puff nuggs pen?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Since you said it doesn't have to be a pen, I'm going to recommend the cheapest vaporizer I know of that can do both (I've tried 3 separate models of it, this vaporizer works). It's called the Arizer Solo. I've used one for about a year now (going to be 1 year in March) and it's gone to the desert with me. This thing is a tank. The only non tanky thing on it is the glass stem, and well that's just glass. Glass breaks.

You can find them on ebay new for about $125-130.

There is another one called the Da Vinci (not the Ascent, the original Da Vinci) but I don't think it's as good. I've tried both.