About time to chop her down?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grnganja, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I would say im about day 50-55 into flowering. this is my first ever plant, im pretty happy with the results.

It's been under 6 cfl's its entire life and I am using FFOF soil and nutes. this is a very basic setup inside a dr60 grow tent. attached are pictures and ive heard once all the hairs are fully brown its time but there are still some nugs underneath the main canopy that are just starting to open up and bud. so im wondering how long i should expect until i can chop her down. Thanks GC.

Attached Files:

2. hair color has absolutely nothing to do with it. its all about trichome color, you need a 30x magnifier, look at all the trichomes and if there is at least 20% amber colored heads, shes ready for a chop.

3. alright thanks a lot man.

4. Something I read the other day that I thought was a really good indicator was once the pistils start to recede then shes reached her max and is gonna start withering away.

But from the pics I think shes still gonna pack on some weight in the next couple weeks if you leave her..

5. Ya I scheduled to cut her on the 9th but it seems some of the nugs below the top colas will be able to beef up a bit which is good.

6. trichs are definitely the best indicator. but hairs can help. i've never had a mature plant that didn't have at least half the hairs turned orange.

7. I would give her at least two more weeks just looking at her, though.
    the fan leaves will start to yellow and die off closer to the end of the flower cycle.

8. and the pistils will "recede" whenever its time :wave:

9. OH and i noticed a hermie flower on the 4th pic??? if it is then you need to pull it quick

edit- pull the naner not the whole plant

10. There is NO Hermie flower in the 4th pic!

It's ALL female and it needs at least another week to 2 :)

11. Gave me a scare VIP haha but thanks for the comments guys. I'll be chopping her down in a week and a half just in time for thanksgiving -_- will update with wet/dry weight and of course pictures of the final product.

12. looks really nice...very impressed

13. thanks a lot man. this being my first plant, im happy to say im stoked about the outcome with only a handful of cfl's :D

14. Damn thats nice, man. Looks like you got some big nugs there. I was thinking about using FFOF on my next grow. About how much do the nutes cost?

15. The FFOF soil is around 20$ the nute trio will go for around 60$. they work great. i mean its my first grow and they served me well haha I also used the LST system on the plant so that might have helped with yield. but the nutes did what i expected them to do and i also used molasses at the starting of the 6th week.