about males

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by top secret, Feb 1, 2003.

1. i heard that when u find out about a male plant cut it down and get rid of it because it could chang the femals but them someone told me that u need to get rid of it and thorw it away in a far place because the pollen can reatchfemale plants up to 5 km in distance. is that true?

2. if you know for sure it's male then cut it down and bag it....then get rid of it, if your growing outdoors then the pollen will carry with the wind, so it is a possibility that it could travel 5k's, unlikely but possible.....Peace out....Sid

3. i am not sure if it is male or female yet its about my plants are anbout one month and i am buying an hps light in 2 weeks then iafter another 2 weeks i am going to start to flower them

4. I found out the hard way about how far the pollen can travel... But it was my first grow and I couldn't bear to kill this one really beautiful bushy male, so I put him way at the other end of my yard... about 20 yards away... and I had my females in my basement (but there are little window vents into the basement). And what happened? You guessed it.... seeds all over the girls. Oh, well... I'm one of those folks who has to learn by experience. :)

5. lol damn that sux!

6. Well the positive side of that experience is that now I have over 200 seeds to sprout :)