? about flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crazzyfingers, Nov 30, 2006.

1. I got 4 fems of some bagseed, flowering for 10 nights now. veged for 1 month 24 hr.
    I can only see the preflowers. How long untill the buds start to form, If it takes a long time a month or more does that mean it will take longer to mature, 3-4 months? I only had a 150 watt hps fot the veg, and the first 10 days of flowering, 1 just doubled the hps, and have two 13w cfls to light the lower branches. My soil has time release ferts, 12-9-7, And i used some 8-7-6 MG liquid houseplant food, for 4 waterings towards the end of veg, some of the fan leaves were a splotchy yellow, no leaves ever tuned comletely yellow except some little round ones. Should I use any more ferts during floweing or a better ? how do you tell if the plant needs P during flowering? After a few days of 12/12, I was able to seperate the males, and I transplanted the fems, from 1.5 gal to 3 gal containers. So basicly I'm just getting impatient and am wondering when I'll start to see the buds?
    1 after a few weeks
    2 10 nights
    3 I see hairs!!!

Attached Files:

2. Due to a short veg time, you might have to wait a little longer than normal, but if your seeing sex, thats a good sign progress its on its way. Just be patient my friend, since you built it right, it will come. Youll notice the hairs start to increase in number, before youll actually see any nugs.
    Now your in flower, so you want to stay away from that MG nute. Need something with a higher P.

3. it takes a week for them to really switch to flowering, so you may as well consider it to be day 3 of flowering. first youll see the white pistols from the branches, and then buds will form at the top of the grow tips after about a week or two.

i recommend you get ahold of some advanced nutrients "bud blood" this nutrient is designed specifically for marijuana and promotes onsetting of budsites on the plant.

good luck :smoking:

4. I haven't added any nutes since the 12/12, except for a little super thrive to help with the transplant. I really want to know is, how the plant tells me what it needs, specificly the P.

5. You don't really want to wait for the plant to tell you that it needs p. By this time, grow would be slowed as the plant got sick. But to answer your question, it is hungry for p when you see according to Stitch:

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size of your plants. Not enough causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of Phosphorus causes slow growths in leaves that may or may not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or half of the leaves can be brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl up in the air a bit. Fan leaves will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue color to them. Sometimes the stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus deficiency. This isn't a sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show the red petioles and stems from its genes.
    So pretty much the overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue tint to the fan leaves is a good sign of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome for plants.

6. on first light this morn the last plant I transplanted showed the pollon sacs of a male:mad:
    oh well thats plenty for a first grow, with the 300 Watts of HPS over them and 26 watts cfls in the middle I should get a pretty good yeild. Like I said before, I did add a 8-7-6 to the water do I need more P, the soil has timed released ferts in it and I don't want to over fert.
    I'll look into that bud fert as well.

7. Go get some flowering ferts at a garden center, or even better, a hydroponics store if you have one around. I hear good things about Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, its $13 a qt. at my local hydro shop.

8. is bud blood for hydro, if so can I still use it in soil?

9. Using superthrive going into 12/12 can prolong flowering.