about cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigc29, Jul 2, 2013.

1. i never cloned before...i want to clone my darkstar before i put it in flower, do i just snip 45 degrees & put in damp soil mix then keep moist..please help starting flower tomorrow, thanks

2. #2 tplat, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    That's how a lot of old school growers do it. But there are other methods such as rockwool cubes, root riot plugs etc... I would use a cloning gel on the end of the root tips and also pick up something like some superthrive to mix with water when keeping the soil, rockwool cubes or root riot plugs moist. Doing them old school style may not be the easiest way for beginners.

3. im gonna go to the hydro shop in the morning..what would u say is the easiest way to clone (what should i buy)

4. I use an Easy Clone machine but most don't want to spend that kind of money. I have had good results using Root Riot cubs in a tray with some Clonex solution. The Root Riot cubes & tray are about $25.00 or so and they usualy come with a sample pack of Clonex rooting gel. The Clonex solution is mixed with water then poured into the bottom of the tray and the cubes wick it up to stay moist, the gel goes on the end of the clone where you cut it at a 45 degree angle. The cheapest way would probably be some rockwool cubes and some cloning gel. pre soak the rockwool cubes to whatever PH they recommend and put your cutting in it and either place inside of a cloning tray or ziplock baggy. One thing with cuttings is the thicker the stem the longer it will take to grow roots and never let the cubes or rockwool cubes dry out.  

5. great, thanks alot for the help..ill grad rockwool cubes or the Root Riot cubes

6. i bought these grodan cubes..do i just wet them or do i have to soak for 24 hours