Abortion

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by The3amJunkie, Feb 3, 2012.

1. How many of you are for it and against it and why? This issue is prevalent in my life ATM.

2. what's your situation bro? because i go both ways depending on the circumstances.

i want my vote to count for something

3. Difficult to answer; Against for convenience purposes but not for other extreme and upsetting circumstances. But all in all would not hold it against anyone...

Im neither for nor against but I do care and Im not undecided, so there is no option for me to vote on.

4. [quote name='"Sherak"']Difficult to answer; Against for convenience purposes but not for other extreme and upsetting circumstances. But all in all would not hold it against anyone...

Im neither for nor against but I do care and Im not undecided, so there is no option for me to vote on.[/quote]

Exactly , not for it , not against it .

It should be the persons choice if they want to let a parasite live of them for 9 months and then push it out of a small hole .

5. There are no black and white answers to abortion; abortion is one big grey area.
    What's right for one woman, is not right for another woman.

6. Well a buddy I know is asking for advice because a girl he just had a hook up with is more then likely pregnant and they were talking about abortion, I was just wondering what the city has to say on the subject.

7. i personally wouldnt be for it but its like fuck other peoples opinions do what you think is right.

8. I am prochoice.
    That being said, it is an extremely personal decision between a woman, her God, her partner, her body.
    I am prochoice and I chose to follow through with an unplanned pregnancy. Parenthood is a game changer, ESPECIALLY for mothers.

9. I'm for it. Wasn't always for it, but then I started having sex and had a pregnancy scare. I think that the option needs to exist, and if it is going to be done, the abortion needs to happen as early in the pregnancy as possible.

If I found out that I was pregnant and it was not the right time for it (such as, now...I don't even have enough $$ to support myself, let alone a child), I would go to any length to get an abortion. It's not fair to bring an unwanted child into the world and give him or her a life that is not ideal for your circumstances.

10. I'm for abortion. If you are considering getting an abortion, get a damn abortion already.

I was uneasy about adoption but after I watched some scientific movie I realised that adoption is actually a lot crueler than abortion.

You know how you have no explicit memory before 18 months? This is the memory where you can recall senses, sight, touch etc.

Well before that your implicit memory has already developed. This is the memory that is based on emotion. An infant of under 18 months is able to recall the feeling of rejection and it has been studied that they take it a lot worse than children who weren't put up for adoption.

I see sucking a fetus out of a woman's vagina as quite a merciful thing to do, something Christians apparently stand for.

But when it comes to the ten commandments, Christians get all fuzzy. They can eat meat because it says it somewhere in the Bible about animals being theirs to eat apart from Kosher animals. But wouldn't that take a second place to 'thou shalt not kill'? I thought God was pretty direct with that order.

11. I also don't think abortion should be used as a primary form of birth control.

People need to grow the fuck up. If you're not mature enough to prevent a pregnancy you don't want, you're probably not mature enough for a kid.
    It should be used as a fail safe, only after other methods have failed. If you're careless and play the odds, you get to live with your decisions... idk, it's a broad issue with many variables.

12. I'm against it. If someone doesn't wanna get knocked up they shouldn't be having sex in the first place. People scoff at the concept of not having sex though like they couldn't live without it even though they can,they just don't want to. In my opinion (not that it counts for much here) if a woman thinks shes grown up enough to have sex then shes grown up enough to at least carry the baby she helped create then she can make the decision to put him/her up for adoption or not,giving just 9 months of her life will potentially give decades of life to the baby.

13. Adoption is more cruel than abortion? My brother is adopted and i assure you he is happier right now than he would be if he were dead obviously. Adoptive parents have to jump through all kinds of hoops and meet all kinds or requirements before they can even get on a waiting list for the opportunity for a birth mother to choose them for her baby. A baby that goes straight from the birth mother to the adoptive mother so no they are never without a parent.

14. up to the girl

15. I didn't think I was old enough for sex.
    The rapist did though.

And before I had the guts to take a pregnancy test, I had to look into going over to the UK (Abortion is illegal in Ireland) to get an abortion.

Don't be so quick to judge.

16. #16 junkheadrev, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    If the girl will die from having the baby then I think she has the right.
    Anything else is wrong.
    I think a baby is worth dieing for but most other people don't.

Its all murder anyway.
    And if you say its not murder explain.
    Because if you kill a human being that's what they call it.

If a pregnant driver is in a car accident with a drunk driver and the baby dies the driver can be charged with murder or man slaughter.
    If a doctor prescribes a prescription or dose that kill the fetus of a pregnant woman he can be charged with murder as well.

But if the woman doesn't want the baby all the sudden its not muurder?

If you don't want a baby but want to fuck without a strap your obviously not mature enough for sex.
    That's what makes it worse,a lot of abortions happen because they would be an inconvenience to the immature parents.

17. I see, your brother is regarded as 100% of all adoption cases in scientific journals... funny, I didn't get the memo.

Why the hell do we care so much if fetuses get aborted? A non-existent 'right to life'?

As a believer in Reincarnation should I be able to push that belief on other people since Christians do it so damn constantly? If they're aborted, they're just going to come back and they haven't started their societal lives yet so it doesn't matter. I added that last bit to stop you from arguing the nonsense point of why we shouldn't just kill everyone then since we'll all come back. Believe me it would have happened.

Stop forcing your views on people, the fetus doesn't care, why do you?

18. #18 Cruizer, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    The 'murder' debate... how interesting I find thee...

Murder: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Key word: Unlawful. Considering abortion is currently legal in no way can it be considered murder. To call it so is uninformed and quite insidious as it creates an emotional response in people which is not what our society needs. It needs logic and reason to get through its problems.

Edit: Just read the rest of the post. I don't think those things should be considered doubly murder. A fetus is not a living human being as far as I'm concerned. What you've missed out conveniently is the fact that abortion is only legal up until a point. If that waiting period is surpassed, I think anything after that should be murder, as it currently is. But they make it murder before the time has passed I believe.

After the point where the gestating fetus gains the ability to feel pain and suffer as a result of abortion, it should be illegal. But if a pregnant woman is driving to the clinic to get a legal abortion and is killed along with her fetus via someone else's actions in a motor vehicle. I think that should only be considered one murder as the woman has already made the resolve to kill the fetus, meaning it would have died regardless of the crash.

19. im prochoice, morally i find nothing wrong with abortion.

20. bust out the hoover if you have any doubt in your mind about caring for that baby