Abortion

Discussion in 'General' started by Badfish90, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Saw a post on FB and it go me wondering what is GC's thoughts on abortion? 

There are so many different circumstances where you can debate whether or not it's justifiable. So, my opinion is pretty basic: As long as it doesn't destroy the life or the mother or the baby -- whether immediate or eventually -- then you shouldn't be allowed an abortion. 

I think, if you have the resources and ability to raise a child or put in adoptive care, you should explore your options before even considering abortion. 

Personally, I think raising a child would be a nightmare. I barely have control over my life right now. Adding the extra stress of making sure some infant turns out to be a normal functioning adult would probably shorten my life span by a decade. But I'm still young so maybe that opinion will change as a I get older. In either case, I don't think that gives me enough right to get an abortion. 

I have a friend now has gotten two girls pregnant and talked both of them into getting abortions. One, didn't really take much convincing -- they had agreed to get the abortion together. But the other seriously wanted to have the baby but was then nearly pressured into getting an abortion. He comes from a very affluent background too and while raising a baby would change his life, it wouldn't destroy it. 

It just seems wrong to me. 

2. All it comes down to for me is that no one else should have any say over what I do with my uterus, regardless of what is inside of it. 

3. I think there are a lot of people in this world who SHOULD have had an abortion. 

If you can't look after your child, why should that baby be brought into the world. If you cannot provide, do not have children. This world is already overpopulated.

If someone wants to abort their child because the scans show the baby is going to be deformed or if it is a complete mistake and they know they cannot provide for that baby, that is totally their choice. It's their baby. Not yours.

Bring on the hate.

So, in other words, we are in agreement. 

5. Completely Pro Choice

That did not sound like agreement at all to me. :p 

Your post sounded pro-life except in cases where it's a medical necessity, his post sounded completely pro-choice to me. :hide: 

Sorry brah wasn't having a go at you. I'm glad we agree. I love your profile picture, I feel fond of you instantly.

I get pretty heated when it comes to abortion. I can respect that others have different opinions. But when it comes to abortion I just don't understand people that think they should be banned. I'm so glad I live in a country where I can get an abortion for free. 

Imagine if every single baby that had been aborted was alive today., Oh sheeeeeeit! Unloved babies would be rampant.

8. #8 akim, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013

Double post.

Fucken.

9. This, though I don't have a uterus as far as I know.

Well by golly, I support your right to do whatever you want with your imaginary uterus! 

11. If the mother wants to abort her unborn fetus, regardless of her reasons, then that is her right as the carrier of that life form.

12. Pro life. Its only acceptable if it is a matter of legitimate medical reasons. Learning of a possibly disabled/formative condition of the child, in which the child and mother both live without seriously threatening ability to live and survive is not a legitimate medical reason. God's creation, we havn't the right.

13. Now this I can't just let fly without at least some sort of citation of evidence.

14. It's a woman's right to do what is best for her. Saying that everyone should live by the standards you and your "god" have is ridiculous. Everyone doesn't believe in your god so why should he determine how the rest of us live?

15. Nah homie, its's HER baby, HER body, and therefore HER right to do what she wants with it. Lol, "god".

16. #16 HighAsPhuck, Jun 28, 2013
    Your imaginary friend has no right to dictate anything. Your reasoning is invalid.

17. If a female is going to get an abortion for reasons that aren't medical wouldn't it be better to just use birth control, or even carry and then put the baby up for adoption. All the people pro choice, how would you feel if someone made the decision to abort you? Oh wait, you wouldn't feel anything. :/

Another funny (hypocritical) thing is pro choice people say THEY have the right to do what THEY want with their body, so the baby doesn't have that right? When does the baby become old enough to have the same rights as you?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I'm speaking from my personal view, as a women, I couldn't and wouldn't do it, I will never agree with it and its based on my religious beliefs, but I am not about to stop anyone from doing what they're going to di. I'm going to have my opinion and act based on those, whereas others can do the same. Whats my opinion? Again. pro life. Simply being different doesnt make it wrong. Why don't peole understand what an opinion is? SHE can do whatever SHE wants, and I believe those people are going to Jahannam... but those people are entitled to and will think otherwise, after all its the very same thing I am doing.

19. People forget c

Yes, some people seem to have forgotten children have rights. Some people would never have thought of it to begin with, and a smaller number of people know and don't care. The latter are much less in number. We all have the right to our mistakes.

20. #20 tnh, Jun 28, 2013
    [quote name="deskjetf240" post="18273717" timestamp="1372423587"]People forget cYes, some people seem to have forgotten children have rights. Some people would never have thought of it to begin with, and a smaller number of people know and don't care. The latter are much less in number. We all have the right to our mistakes.[/quote]100% agree IMO if the person is considering a abortion they aren't mature enough to have sex. When I was in school they taught safe sex, do they now? Seems like they have a surgery for everything. What happened to playing the cards you were dealt?Sent from my SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app