Abortion: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lynchings, May 19, 2010.

1. That's disgusting!!! Frying your food? :D

Personally I like partially-aborted baby head stew. Add a little garlic and oh la la.

2. Meh, I'm not picky.

Just throw the kid in a blender and I'll drink whatever comes from that.

3. Should Barack Obama's mother have aborted him?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c]YouTube - Imagine Spot 1 - Rejected by NBC and CNN[/ame]
    I mean gosh, single parent home, growing up poor, struggling most his life. Wouldn't it have been better just to kill him while he was still young so he wouldn't have to suffer so much?

4. #64 MaDKroniK, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010

I love people like you.

It's not right till it happens to someone you know.

Your meaning to tell me if your mother, sister, niece, aunt, daughter, etc. gets raped and becomes pregnant, you're going to convince them to keep it? You'll be totally ok with raising this monster's child? I don't believe that for one fucking minute.

So what about the woman who is the victim? You're saying even if they are raped by some monster out there and gets pregnant, they should raise the child? Why should they be stuck with this? They didn't make that choice and were attacked. The women who are raped are the true victims. Not that sack of cells that happens to be the outcome of the attack/rape. They are victims of a violent crime.

You are insane and you would think much differently if it happened to someone you know and care about. I know for a fact if you had to deal with that situtaion you would handle it much differently than what your saying right now.

I cannot believe that people honestly think that it's ok and somehow make it work in thier head.

Jesus Christ...:mad:

5. That's up for debate.

6. I'm sorry but to start with, there is NO heartbeat until week six in prenatal development. How can you call something without a beating heart a human? It's not - it's a mass of cells with the POTENTIAL of becoming a human. Major organs aren't even created until week 10.

Before week 8, it's simply an embryo.

Killing cells, is not wrong. And it's not any person's obligation to ruin their lives because of a supposed "right to life" which WE gave it to start with. What about the parent's "right to life". Our rights to the pursuit of happiness as guaranteed by the Constitution.

Lets review. Fetuses do have a right to life after a certain stage in their development, especially after they can survive out of the womb on their own, but before that, another person IS giving them life, without that person they cannot and will not survive, so who's rights trump who's? The unborn, still forming child, or the adult who is able to think on their own, make decisions and survive independently.

While no, we shouldn't kill people who currently have a low quality of life, bringing people into this world with that as their future is nothing short of irresponsible and short sighted.

7. You presume incorrectly that I do not know people who have been in situations like this.

Did the baby cause the rape? What did the baby do to deserve being killed? Is it the baby's fault? Why so much interest in blaming a little child who didn't do anything wrong?

People are always free to make an adoption plan, and there are a great many parents who are eager and waiting to adopt a child. There are always alternatives to killing a baby. Namely, not killing the baby, who didn't do anything wrong.

[​IMG]

Which one is the product of rape? Which one should have been aborted? The one on the left or the one on the right?

Babies are people too.

8. ^^^^Man them babies look delicious. Let's make a casserole. :D

9. #70 MaDKroniK, May 20, 2010

Yeah, they look like that fully developed. Go back to what we were talking about.

So you know women who have been raped and kept the child? Is that what your saying? Personally how many women do you know who did this? Or actually how many women do you know that are actually victims of rape? Can you tell me that?

I'm willing to bet that your putting your unreasonable opinion out there with no back up or experience in the matter.

[​IMG]

^

They don't look like your new born babies do they? :rolleyes:

EDIT:

I know for a fact you don't know anyone who has done this or been a victim of rape. Your thought process would be so much more different. And if you did I'm willing to bet it's someone you couldn't give two shits about. Which is why your here saying what your saying.

10. God is okay with abortion...then so am i

11. #72 kushmob, May 20, 2010

the only one who doesnt get a "choice" is the develpoing human who is killed by a selfish irresponsible woman who cant handle the thought of being a mother(except in the case of rape or incest or physical complications)

btw i am pro choice i just encourage women to think it throu cuz it isnt all that bad....you wont be miserable and life will not be ruined by being a parent

but women should be able to choose i just encourage adoption over abortion cuz i think abortion is selfish and just a way to run away from problems instead of dealing with consequences of actions

12. You say that the woman is irresponsible, but do you realize that pregnancies happen on birth control? The ONLY WAY to prevent pregnancy is to completely stop having sex.

Condoms rip. Birth control pills just don't work. IUDs aren't always effective.

Nobody is saying that abortion is an easy, breezy choice, but it is a choice that should be available. Nobody should have to carry a baby to term and suffer the consequences of such if they are acting responsibly. Accidents happen.

As I said, I am not for abortion as a form of birth control. But to say that it's only 'irresponsibility' that results in unwanted pregnancies is patently wrong.

13. That's an incredibly broad generalization, sir.

14. Exactly. My sister got pregnant while using birth control pills, and that scares the bejeezus out of me.

And then people will say things like "then just don't have sex", but really, how many of you men would stay with a woman who refused to ever have sex with you for fear of getting pregnant?

15. My mom got pregnant with me on the pill.

For her, she decided to not have an abortion, and she made that choice because once she discovered she was pregnant, she decided she did indeed want a child. And she knew she was able to provide for that child at that point in her life.

By the way, she wasn't some irresponsible child either, she was a 31 year old adult.

16. I vote for a bit of Tuna in my Tunababy Casserole. :p

17. i didnt say someone is irresponsible for getting pregnant...the are irresponbile for not dealing with it when it happens....my gf was on the pill when she got pregnant too....well we accepted the consequence of our actions...we knew by having sex that could happen and chose to have sex anyways....when we found out she was pregnant the first thing we thought was "have an abortion".....after thinking it through and paying $100 for the first visit to planned parenthood we chose not to abort and I am absolutly glad i did not....

i just think women who choose to abort are selfish and do not want to deal with the responsibility of being a parent....they are free to choose to feel that way and thats why im pro choice but thats besides the fact that they ARE making a selfish decision based on not wanting the responsibility...like it or not

18. #79 kushmob, May 20, 2010

Name-calling and disrespect aren't welcome here, dude. -JD

19. Firstly, the discussion is about an issue, not me as a person. Your attempt at a form of ad hominem only shows the weakness of your position.

Secondly, a person need not have first hand knowledge about something to evaluate the morality of it. I need not ever have killed a person, or know someone who has been killed, to know that killing is wrong.

Thirdly, reason should trump emotion. I understand that you are caught up in pure emotional thinking (public school, eh?) and seem to lack the ability to evaluate things objectively, but please at least try to approach the topic without something approaching rationality. Screaming about "EMOTIONS!" and "FEELINGS!" may score points with other persons such as you who advocate for the killing of babies, but it is neither reasonable nor rational.

Fourthly, you have now gone, in two posts, from demanding to know details about my personal life to stating for a fact details about my personal life. Yet you have no such details.

Fithly, notice how you have been indoctrinated to immediately engage in personal attacks against people making arguments that disagree with your arguments, instead of engaging your arguments. This is part-and-parcel of the typical education-indoctrination that most receive today, being taught to attack reflexively and scream about being "offended!" or "emotions! feelings!" instead of using reason and rationality.

Sixthly, Wrong actions on the part of one person in one place do not justify or excuse wrong actions on the part of a different person in a different place.

Seventhly, I will not engage in discussion with someone who insists on attacking me personally and insisting to have details about my life that they do not, and could not, possibly have.