Abortion: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lynchings, May 19, 2010.

1. agreed man.
    if you are responsible enough to be having sex then you know the potential consequences. there are risks involved, just like with anything else in life. if you fuck up, why should you get "get out of jail free" card at the expense of a life? unless of course there are medical or other legitimate reasons it is necessary (not just someone not wanting to be a parent)
    a mother who wants an abortion shows no humanity...which is ironic, as she got pregnant by having sex, an act meant to preserve humanity

2. #22 pineapple skunk, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    if i could kill an unborn baby now, so that i could provide a better life for another child 5, 10 years from now, why would i possibly choose to bring a baby into my life when i know i will not be able to give it the life that it deserves?

3. I'm what you call sympathetic pro-choice. I don't believe in gettign an abortion just because you don't want the baby. Only if: you REALLY can't afford it, rape, complications with the embryo (disease, etc.), to save the life of the mother.

4. Pro-choice and i'm also pro-contraception.

5. pro choice but regulated in a certain way

1) if the mothers life is in danger physically, or rape/incest, she should be allowed to choose

2)women should be encouraged thru counceling to give it up for adoption b4 choosing an abortion. there are lots of people out there that want a kid that cant have one.

3) if they do choose to have an abortion then a few hours of counceling and information should be presented to the woman b4 the actual procedure to help encourage the choice of "life rather than death for the devolping human inside of her"

4) if she still chooses to have the abortion then she should be allowed because if its not allowed there will be the black market to take care of it 4 her

6. Pro-choice.

Mainly cause I'm a guy and can never get pregnant.

7. You have to be careful with the counseling and how its presented. If you place too much guilt into the procedure and she still chooses abortion, she may go through some serious depression because of all the "choose life rather than death" hours she went through. If she chooses to keep it, the reality of why she wanted the abortion in the first place could hit her and she might reject the child or slip into postpartum depression that might've been prevented.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of the counseling, but sometimes the woman doesn't need to hear that shes killing a life, she knows that all too well. Shes made the decision by coming to the doctors office and making the appointment. I have a feeling people would use counseling to harm the woman emotionally, like you'd be letting prolifer protesters come into the clinic and "counsel" these women for hours.
    We don't get counseling for other medical procedures, and doctors aren't really allowed to have an opinion on the matter of what procedures they want and don't want to do.
    If you make it too tedious, too guilt ridden and (at least in the patient's eyes) too judgmental to get a legal abortion, there's always someone with a coat hanger who wont ask questions and wont make judgments.

8. i agree.....but i just want to share my personal story

i have a 15 month old son who my girlfriend paid $100 towards having an abortion because she thought "she was too young, she wasnt ready, didnt want a kid, blah blah blah blah"

now she knows that would have been a mistake because she is so proud of how smart and funny and loving her son is, i had to plead with her NOT to have an abortion because it would just have be so mean...she decided the day of the procedure not to go in.......she is only 21 now and was only 20 when she was prgnant...i myself am 25

she is also on unemployment now with no job because she got fired for being pregnant(her boss was a psycho bitch but thats a whole other story) and she lives with me and we are struggling but we both are alot happier now we were b4 he was born....we use to fight about dumbass shit now we know whats important in life and we dont have that "i dont giva a fuck" attitude anymore

my point is children bring happiness in the littlest ways....i was absolutly annoyed by kids b4 i had one.....now i like kids for the most part

its not the same for everyone thox..not everyone is fit to be a parent

but if women feel "guilty" for the abortion then they know its mean in the first place becaue what if your parents decided to have an abortion with u? the obviously didnt so arent u glad?

BUT like i said b4 im pro choice because there will always be a black market if not

9. and the argument that "you wont be able to give the child the life it deserves" as ur reason for abortion is total bullshit because its not that hard to raise a kid.....its not as easy as not having one but its not really that hard....it just makes u more responsible honestly.....im a young father who make $10/hr and my girlfrind make $150/wk on unemployment....we struggle but im happier now than i was b4 my son was born......i use to make $15/hr but i spent 12 hrs a day working and 8 hrs a day sleeping......thats 4 hours a day i spent with my family......i got fired for calling off twice in a month so now i make less $ but i think ill be fine in the long run because i choose to stay positive..........my son is so happy all the time wich makes me happy so im good..(pot helps with that as well lmao)

10. How old is your son? Is he an adult? You might want to refrain from making blanket statements such as "its not that hard to raise a kid" until your child is fully independent.

11. i belive it should be legal to have abortions but i would encourage people not 2 have them

a innocent person should never lose their life:(

12. my son is a year and a half....so if it makes u happy "its not hard to raise a baby"......btw u sound angry go smoke a joint

13. My honest feelings on the matter as follows. The CHOICE shouldn't be taken away. No matter how YOU feel you can implement those feelings into the choices you and your partner or you by yourself make, but why impose YOUR personal beliefs on another person?

I don't believe in abortion as a form of birth control, but I do believe in it remaining an option available to women. People say 'give the baby up for adoption' but that's not always the best decision for the woman at the time. Birth control fails. Condoms break. The only way to not make a baby is to abstain from sex. Accidents happen and it doesn't have always have a damn thing to do with being irresponsible.

I think it's horrible that other people try to stick their nose in other people's business, especially since an abortion is a medical procedure. Nobody has the right to tell others what to do with their bodies.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and feelings on the matter, so pro-lifers, implement your feelings so that an abortion won't happen in YOUR life, what others do with their life is none of your business. Pro-choicers, make your choice and keep it a private one, this is a very personal decision, fuck what other people say, it's YOUR body, you do what is best for YOU.

BTW, abortions have been around since the dawn of humanity and will continue to happen illegal or not. When abortion is illegal there are very risky procedures done to abort the unwanted pregnancy, so what is better, the loss of one life, or the loss of two?

14. Pro-Choice.

This is in politics, so I will add this:

A deciding factor for many people for the last election was Palin and her stance on abortion. She stated that even if her daughter was raped, she opposed abortion.

Palin On Abortion: I'd Oppose Even If My Own Daughter Was Raped

There are people in this forum that oppose it, but will make an exception for rape/incest. Your thoughts?

15. Pro-choice, and pro-eating homeless people.

16. As if killing a cute little baby will make up for the act of rape or incest? It makes no sense.

The child is already conceived and already alive. Killing the child only makes the situation worse, not better.

17. Terminating an unborn mass of cells is not the same as killing a baby.

I'm sick of people treating it like it's they're the same statues.

18. I'm pro-rape choice. I would not personally ever rape someone, but people should be free to rape as they please.

I'm pro-slavery choice. I would not personally ever own a slave, but people should be free to own slaves as they please.

I'm pro-abortion choice. I would not personally ever kill a baby, but people should be free to kill babies as they please.

The logic of being "pro-choice" is no logic at all. To favor allowing a 'choice' on something indicates that all the choices are acceptable. Killing babies is not an acceptable choice, nor is raping a person, nor is owning slaves.

19. Repeating something over and over does not make it true. Science is clear. Life begins at conception, just like all the embryology textbooks say. You may be anti-science, and that's your choice, but pretending that your anti-science opinions are facts is rather absurd.

The science is clear. Life begins at conception.

20. Me too! What a coincidence.