able to bud faster?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by afroman101, Aug 29, 2010.

1. My plant has just started to bud about two weeks ago. The buds are starting to show up everywhere and are coming in nicely. They are all pretty small and probably couldn't be picked and smoked anyway. But I was wondering if I were to trim some of the lower more "unimportant" leaves and maybe some of the other fan leaves, to allow more light to hit the buds and more nutrients to get to the more important parts of the plant, would that make the buds grow bigger and faster?

2. Im not super exspirenced but from what I understand from reading the stickies and all on here if you want the bud sites to grow bigger and faster light is the key. I would get a cfl and stick it near the bud sites.

As far as trimming, Im not 100% on it but Im sure its better to light the buds with another light than trim away leaves.

3. I dont recommend trimming if you aren't familiar with what you are doing. There is no way to make a plant bud "faster".

Bigger is affected by many variables such as light, nutrients, temps, ventilation, etc. Dont super feed your plants to try and make them grow bigger, you will likely kill them.

4. #4 colafarmer, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    Those fan leaves are transfering nute to parts of the plant that need it the most. I would never cut fan leaves and would tuck them out of the way before cutting, so the light can penetrate better. Should only remove any laves when they turn yellow and can easily be plucked off or, the fall off.

Not a good idea to be trimming lower foilage while in flowering, but if you do trim, do so over a period of time and not all at once.

There are stimulants on the market for flowering plants to max yields and induce flowering faster if you got the bucks...But the best thing you can do is to use more lights, of the proper spectrum, around the plants middle and lower foilage, keeping lights as close as you can(4-6")to not damage the plant.

If you are using the proper nutes for flowering, ph is ok and giving good care, the plant will take care of the rest....

5. Trimming.. well it is by choice. I'll trim ridiculously large fan leaves because they are blocking so much light and I can't get anymore light in my tent. (Check my sig for my grow journal.) I have 8x400w Ceramic Metal Halides in a 10x5x7 room, there just isn't anymore room for light, other than the CFL's hanging but still, trimming is a good idea, because the lower foliage is going to not get light eventually, so you will see deficiencies and they will either die naturally, or you can trim them off. There is a sticky on defoliation and all of that. Happy reading!

6. You can gradually trim off lower folage and imature shoots and buds to let the nutrients feed the buds closer to the light. This also helps air circulation lower in the grow area. Using common sense when trimming is a must. Good luck Shithead