Abandon the ship! Micro grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CaptainImtheshit, Apr 13, 2021.

1. #1 CaptainImtheshit, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Not really had a ship (large grow room), gonna be the boat captain this time.
    So, just starting off with a 35x75x230cm tall wardrobe and I'm going to follow some members suggestions.
    For the first run I got two seeds that just sprouted and are in their definitive home (5L hempy water bottle), a Neville's haze auto from WoS and a Peyote Wifi CBD 2:1 by seedsman, have a look:
    1618288593274.jpg
    (These lights are just temporary, my leds are to arrive this week)

The idea is to manifold the Peyote (maybe FIM her, I don't know, any ideas?), that is a FEM Photoperiod, and maybe delay her flowering so she can have some time flowering alone.

The auto I may not have much to do about, thinking about topping it one time (maybe two) to not let it grow too tall, says it can grow up to 2 Meters in a 5L pot! :ph34r:

For future I'm planning on dividing the grow and going SOG, I've aways been amazed by this technique and have other strains here that will suit it better.

Well, for today that's it, keep tuned for more!

2. those are good lights for that stage.

You can top autos early on, but running regs and autos will mess u up without separate tents (or just not provide enough light during flowering for the auto).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, that's why I plan on vegging till I harvest the auto, hope it goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. going to be a big one :) hey, what lights did u order?

5. #5 CaptainImtheshit, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    2 Chinese 120w QB and 13 cobs (was going to use 10 but people says its overkill, maybe I'll dimm them out)
    some of the cobs will go into the cloning space.

I've gone kinda overkill because of this video I watched, but if I give the plants too much light, specially this auto, they may really get out of control.
    video:
    Leds: aliexpress.com/item/32979861030.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7537b90aFkuDmc

aliexpress.com/item/32951276228.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7537b90aFkuDmc

aliexpress.com/item/1005001671003776.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.38b7b90a4ZNZSC

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Maximizing Cannabis Yields with Dr Bruce Bugbee video I've watched and liked. Good information in that series.
    upload_2021-4-12_23-35-36.png
    I picked some of these up, and meant to be 10-20W to add underneath the foliage, but they sent me the wrong ones at 50W. Tried to return them, and they said the ones I have are worth more. I told them not really if I can't use them. They are not very efficient and get very hot. I stuck them on the perfect heat sink($5 a pop) but the 12v and 110V rig started to make it a pain. I should just get a fan hub controller already. But, imo, kinda inefficient if they get that hot. I did a thread on them some time ago, measured the heat, and don't offhand remember the heat, but it was really really hot.
    upload_2021-4-12_23-37-50.png

The boards you have use the LM281B+ (165lm/w) which seem decent. Comparatively, the lm301b runs about 190lm/w. But unlike the boards, which use a driver, the cobs built in device may cut into your power bill.
    I never bothered, just sitting in a bag downstairs somewhere. I just got some more Hinflux strips instead.
    I maybe recommend these budget strips. I've seen them get as low as $3 for the old generation strips. Hinflux uses the lm301b, nowadays theres lm301a and lm301H.
    I want to try these strips one day, I really do like strip lighting.
    heh sorry, kinda a light geek

• Like Like x 1
  7. I wish I knew more about light, I try to stay informed haha. Yeah, I'll see how this will work out.

The QBs I bought because it was soo cheap (It ended up costing way more, bought the driver from arrow and got taxed more than the value of the driver. Got free international shipping but got taxed on the value of shipping anyways. You learn everyday, right?

I did buy heatsinks for the cobs tho, I'll definitely use those for now as I'll need to buy another driver. :frown:

But maybe the heat won't be bad tho haha, winter is just starting here and people say it gets could...

• Like Like x 1
  8. do me one favor and memorize this quote
    I'm too poor to buy cheap goods
    upload_2021-4-13_0-15-17.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. oye, captain, check out Migro's most recent video.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 CaptainImtheshit, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    I was looking for this heatsink but couldn't find on another sites. I watend to test these but need it to ship from the US or China...

Well, I think I'll stick to the heatsinks I've got.
    Btw, 4 cobs arrived and I'll be updating soon!

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 CaptainImtheshit, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    I've promissed some new photos and didn't update, what a shame!
    Well, here goes some old photos that I took and a BIG surprise! As a birthday present I woke up to the Neville's auto first pistils showing up!

Oh, and just for the record, I've been feeding them some local veg ferts 8-4-8 with all secondaries and acids needed for the plant, almost every watering. Both are drinking about 500mL a day

First some photos from week 2

Peyote Wi-Fi had some deficient leaves growing up and still has some, will flower this but sould be better to find another mother. Good thing I have 2 more seeds.

Now some photos that I took just a minute ago:
    Neville's on the left and Peyote on the right.
    Peyote been looking droppy, I've recovered her from a overwatering but I searched a lot and feel like it should be a VPD problem, humidity is ok but maybe she likes it more humidy :confused_2:

Been training the peyote wi-fi, we'll see how it turns out.

For last those beutiful pistils, I'm very happy! soon will be harvesting, anxious for that haha

May the forth be with you! (not really a Star Wars fan)

• Like Like x 1