AB 390 - CA Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Chronitron, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Ok. I've been reading a lot on this. Now I want to start helping with the campaign. How should I go about doing that?

Make flyers that say "YES ON AB 390" ???

I'll do that and litter the city with em (not literally). I'll also stand out and hand out pamphlets on MMJ and what AB 390 is all about. Should I get any signatures? Anyone wanna help? I'm located in Sacramento but can travel to SF weekly. Let's set up a coalition to get this to pass!

PM me.

2. You could make a flyer that dispells the misinformation being put out by the opponents of this bill.

3. I want to help too and live about 30 min. from San Francisco. Unfortunately I am a little young and don't want to be seen supporting marijuana as it may discourage people...

But I'd be willing to write something out, I'm pretty good at writing.

4. #4 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Make a big sign that says "Legalize it" and "Yes on AB 390" and stand at a busy intersection. I think that will get a lot more exposure than handing out fliers, It will also be less costly and more efficient at getting the message out.

5. I honestly don't think holding a sign saying "Legalize it" is going to change anyone's mind. If someone on here was to design a flyer shooting down the arguments against marijuana, we could all use it as a template and print it out for distributing.

6. YES! I am going to be downtown Saramento and at the local colleges everyday handing out info and talking to people about it. I'm going to work on getting Voter Registration forms to get those who want to help registered to do so. I will also be putting together a mailing list to send reminders out to people in the weeks leading up to the vote.

This is going to happen everyone. Just visualize it and feel it. For those of you who don't know how to do that, google - The Secret. This will happen. Thank you everyone!

7. ^^ totally agree with you McGee.

Though a big sign at an intersection would get a lot of attention... perhaps a message that attacks anti-marijuana propaganda instead of a sign that supports marijuana. I don't want people to just dismiss us thinking "potheads..."

Here's an idea I had for a pamphlet:

Section 1 - Talks about the bill and what exactly it will do.
    Section 2 - Not only disproves common exaggerations and misconceptions, but also is honest and quantitative about marijuana's mild negative effects.
    Section 3 - A list of things people can do to get this bill passed.

Pamphlets not only get our message out there, but can get people to help us get our message out there.

8. Isn't weed legal in the city of Denver already?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ThCr9QL-Ho&feature=related"]YouTube - Denver voters legalize marijuana 54%-46%![/ame]

If they can do it, CA can too.

9. Make 500,000 copies of The Union and hand them out :D

10. #10 McGee, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    I was thinking a mass sending of The Emperor Wears No clothes by Jack Herer. If thousands of people buy and send it to their Senators and Representatives, many would be bound to read at least some of it.

11. That's a GREAT idea. Jack is one of my good friends in the circuit and lives a couple of hours from here. I will get a hold of him tomorrow and get the ball rolling on that idea. I'm thinking about just offering him a flat rate to mass e-mail copies of his book to people (I'd do it already but I wanna give the guy what's due). If you want to direct people to myspace I can put all the chapters in my blogs or even in my blogs here and if it should happen to get copied then so be it...

12. i think they just decriminalized it and made a class 2 civil infraction or watever its called. u still pay a fine for anything over an OZ.

13. Solid.

14. This isn't from this thread, but I want to know what channel and what time lol. Probably not an option right now but I will research more into it and let y'all know (or if someone else finds out first) when.

15. ive been looking and havent found any info on whether or not its going to be aired but im sure it will in cali. not in florida :(

by the way i was the one that asked that question on the other thread lol

16. I'm sure it will be released on youtube soon after it is made.

17. yeah but i like to watch history being made - Bush declaring "war", Al Sharpton trying to run for president, 9/11, Boston winning the world series, The first Black Presidential Address to the Nation.... So you see, there is a bit of sentiment involved :)

18. with such a high profile bill, c-span might show it

19. I want to get the following accomplished:
    - Mailing List (I'll start an e-mail address strictly for AB390 and use that)
    - Voter Registration Forms - i'll hit google but if someone can help me before i find anything - thanks)
    - Pamphlets (I can pass them out but no printer or graphic design skills)
    - Flyers/Leaflets (I can go to Kinko's but again I don't have skills or a printer)
    - Set up some kind of booth at local colleges (I can get this one done for sure)

If anyone can help me with ideas, graphic skills, finding registration forms or anything else it would be most appreciated by me and all of California's Marijuana Community.

If you want to start campaigning in your city send me a PM and I'll send you the info on how to get started when I get the reply back myself :)

20. i am pretty decent in photoshop, not awesome or anything but i can make art for the flyers/pamphlets