Aaaand Im Pregnant.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Jennandtonic, May 29, 2013.

1. Congrats!  

Advice: be prepared for your whole life to change. It's completely amazing.  

It's really up to you weather you smoke or not.  I did a little during 2 of my pregnancys. (they are almost 16yr old and a 10 yr old). 

2. I'm the father of a one year old daughter, I honestly didn't know what to think at first, but I must be doing something right. I'd say enjoy the first 6 months of your child's life as all they will be doing is eating, sleeping (don't wake a sleeping baby!), and shitting, and make sure they get lots of tummy time (helps them develop their muscles). Make a routine! I can not stress that enough, my baby is on a strict routine (wakes up around 8:30am, nap almost always at 12:00pm, and bedtime is almost always around 6:00pm-7:00pm and sleeps through the night). If you want, make sure to take a child care class, and read "What to expect when you're expecting" 5 times front to back :laughing: don't follow everything they say word for word, but it was very helpful. Your horomones will make you all whacky, but try your hardest not to stress to much (my GF's twin sister who had a baby around the same time as us was super stressed through her whole entire pregnancy, and that baby is so fucking sensitive, and cries over every little god damn thing.)

If I was pregnant I wouldn't have anything to do with marijuana, apparently it effects a fetuses brain development, but there are plenty of women here who have smoked all throughout and insist that their children turned out just fine. If you absolutely must have it, use edibles as smoking herb cuts off the oxygen to the child which could lead to brain damage and mental retardation. (keyword: COULD)

3. If you smoke during pregnancy, THC will be transferred across the placenta to your infant's bloodstream; that's a medical fact. What effect it may have is conjecture; do you want to take a chance based on what you're told here at a stoner website?

4. @OP how old are you?

Coming up on 23. Obviously if I were to have planned it, I would have waited until I was a bit older. My fiance is 27, though. Old man.
    I'm staying positive though. We have (somewhat) decent jobs, we've lived together for a year and a half or two, and financially responsible for the most part. 

We were getting married in September anyways, not sure of when it'll be now. 

6. Great point. The majority of people on here view marijuana as a completely safe psychoactive substance that is incapable of causing any damage or harming anything. It is a drug, and you cannot be certain it's harmless to a developing fetus. 

7. #27 ByePhilipe, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    I'm pregnant and I had to take a drug test at the beginning of my pregnancy. I'd be aware of that.

I've smoked about 5 times during this pregnancy. Never more than a bowl at a time. I think it's unfair to expose baby to marijuana. A lot of people lean on marijuana during pregnancy but in my opinion, youre sharing your body and I can't imagine a growing baby being exposed to THC all day. It just seems selfish to me.

Im guilty of just wanting to relax and chill though.

I do have a question. Why do people say that the smoke is bad for babies?

I'm no genius but the lungs and the uterus are quite a bit away. When I looked up smoking cigarettes during pregnancy, none of the articles said that the actual smoke harmed the babies. It was the toxins in the cigarettes.

If anyone has research, I'd like to see it that says that weed smoke is harmful. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As for advice, just rest, drink tons of water, and enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

And don't take this as an opportunity to eat anything you want. You will have to deal with your body once baby is born and it's best to gain as little weight as possible. You'll have no energy when baby's here to work out. Especially is you work.

Once the baby gets here, everything is an ordeal. No more going to the gas station and just hopping in and out. No more privacy. No more being able to eat a meal in peace. No going to the bathroom in peace.

You'll be good for a while til your kid starts walking and then it will be attached to your hip and nap time will be your new favorite time some days lol.

My son is super awesome and I love him to death. He's the best, sweetest thing that has ever happened to be. Good luck to you.

And one huge piece of advice, no mother is perfect. Don't feel inadequate if you don't participate in tons of things that these crazy moms out here participate in.

You'll probably get bashed for breast feeding vs formula, cloth vs disposable diapers, and when the time comes, rear or front facing your little one.

Remember that throughout all of history, mothers have raised babies in very unhealthy and unsafe conditions that they didn't even know of and they grew up fine. If you make a couple mistakes here and there, give yourself some credit.

8. #28 ByePhilipe, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    I saw the post someone made about it cutting off baby's oxygen supply.

Just do what you think is best. People will criticize you for every little thing including drinking caffeine, or eating fast food. ESPECIALLY MEN. I'd just tell them, when you carry a baby for 40 weeks , you can choose what you want to do with your pregnancy. As for me, this is my body and my child and I will do what I see is fit. Boom. End of that.

9. It's not so much the smoke that is dangerous, but the toxins you will inhale with it.

10. Boom! My woman!!!

I hope you know what you're getting into. You say it was unplanned, so maybe you should cram in as much research as possible as to what you're going to have to put up with. What are the laws on abortion where you're from? The earlier an abortion is done, the easier it is.

12. #32 Lockout, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013

Completely selfish. Once you decide to keep that baby, it's your obligation to make sure you do everything you can to keep it healthy in there.

"I'd just tell them, when you carry a baby for 40 weeks , you can choose what you want to do with your pregnancy"

AHEM, if these evil men decided to house a baby inside them, it would be their obligation to take care of it too. Nobody forced a baby on you. You chose to have it. Don't justify slacking out on caring for your baby because it hurts because you knew what you were getting into when you decided you were fit to take care of it.

And people actually liked your comment? Oh my...

13. Ahem, she's right. It's not your baby, my baby or the neighbors baby... so we have absolutely no say in what she does.

All pregnant women take risks. It might be with the things they eat, the medicine they take, the place they live or the places they go. It's all risks and nobody has any right to judge.

Nothing I've said has alluded to me wanting to have an abortion. 

15. #35 Finger My Urethra, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Man i gotta say, i hope i don't offend anybody but at our 420 smoke out there were like..probably 20 different moms wheeling around their kids in open strollers with probably like..3 or 4 thousand people smoking pot everywhere, it was probably one of the dumbest things i've ever fucking seen in my life. 

Nobody said shit to them so maybe i shouldn't say anything IDK but yeah, there is no way those kids were not high. 

16. Hahaha, I was going to say something.

No where in this thread did I get the impression that abortion was on the table.

She said 23, not 13. 

A 23 yr old is more prepared then a 13 yr old to have a baby, even if wasn't planned.  The 2 pregnancy's of mine that were planned and i didn't smoke? I lost both those babies.  The 2 that weren't planned and i did smoke? I made sure to hell that i was prepared. 

And excuse me? "going to have to put with" ?  really? It's called a child that you love and nuture into an awesome adult.  Thats just rude.

By this logic, nobody should be allowed judge someone who murders their 10 year old kids as they're not our kids. I can judge whoever I want.

A pregnant woman needs to make sacrifices for the health of her baby. If some messed up lady decides to try out some heroin when she's pregnant, I'd publicly object to this. I'd assume you would, too. So where do you draw the line?

Pregnancy is a difficult thing to go through, If you're not up to the task, don't have a baby. It's not a fun ride. It's painful. In the end, however, you choose to go through with it. Because you've made this choice, your life doesn't just belong to you. It belongs to you and your baby.

I know, but you have alluded to this being an unplanned pregnancy. Women who get pregnant without the proper mental preparation often fail to consider the sheer willpower it takes to get through the next 9 months. If it's an unplanned pregnancy, abortion should always be something which you should consider. Then again, maybe you have and decided it wasn't for you...

I was referring to pregnancy, not children. Don't act offended as you have no reason to be offended.

I also don't see how it would be rude to mention that raising a child can be difficult. What would be so bad if I was referring to raising a child? Am I forbidden to mention that some people can't handle it?

20. Yes, let's compare murder and hard drugs to weed, caffeine, riding in a car and preservative riddled food.

Bravo.

Make an educate decision. I've done my research and all evidence shows that it doesn't affect the child anymore than Tylenol or some of the prescribe medicines for nausea.

I think judging people for that petty shit is stupid. Do what you want with your life as long as you don't fuck with mine.