A.Z. Bud: The Cheryl Miller of Cannabis

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by inhocgoose, Sep 13, 2012.

1. #1 inhocgoose, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    In honor of Reggie Miller's recent induction to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on September 7, 2012, we present a bit of somewhat useful photos and information regarding one of cannabis' more potent although lesser known sisters.

Cheryl (a.k.a. "Abalone, the Super Shady Afghani") was grown from seed found in a bag of brick weed called, "A.Z. Bud."

- 5 gallon organic soil mix
    - Plain water 95% of grow
    - Top dressed twice w/ personal compost, bone meal and molasses mix
    - Outdoors in Southern California
    - Sprouted on 6/15/12
    - Covered at night for 12/12 starting on 7/15/12
    - First buds on 7/26/12
    - Lengthened dark period to 14 hours starting 8/21/12
    - Chopped on 9/5/12

Started curing 9/12/12, fairly smooth with good taste, smells strong fruity/sweet, deep zone creeper, not a multitasker.

Attached Files:

2. I'll post better bud shots as it cures.

Main reason I posted this was because there seems to be a lot of confusion in the cannabis communities regarding exactly what A.Z. Bud is, and I found it very difficult to get any accurate information while I was growing.

So please post your own A.Z. Bud growing experiences (here or elsewhere) as well as comments on the etymology of A.Z. Bud.

3. Original grow in Arizona? I would like to see the outdoor community start naming strains after the region it's grown in. Esspecially if it's natural soil. I got some C.O. Bud phenotypes growing right now ;)

4. Probably was originally grown in Arizona, that would make sense.

I know it's a hybrid, Indica-dominant, based on plant/leaf shape and stoney affect.

Someone has to know how the name started.

Attached Files:

5. All the older black dudes around here would call crappy nug arizonia

6. #6 inhocgoose, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks, Urban. Sounds like it's a generic term in your parts. BTW, there's a poll up top.

Best I can do with phone.

Attached Files:

7. Well, whatever "A.Z. Bud" is (i.e. distinct strain or generic term), the phenotype here is packed with resin and swollen calyxes.

At first, I was worried these little pods meant the plant was either pollenated or hermaphrodite. I scraped two off before harvest to check for any indication of seeds, and all I found was a squishy void with the hairs sticking out. Now after drying and having sampled a bit of the plant :smoke: I know I was worried about nothing. Dank, ripe sinsemilla.

Attached Files:

8. And the resin glands.

Attached Files: