A world without borders

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 25, 2009.

1. The disappearance of imaginary lines wouldn't mean a lack of culture.

Culture is the color in your painting metaphor. Country borders would just be the copyright stamped on the back. It is just there in case some shit goes down.

JMO :D

2. I more enjoy unity through diversity.
    Without the lines there's chaos. Culture would clash with culture. We've taken our chaos, and dabbed a little order into it.

Unity through unity = destruction.

Unity through diversity = success.

Culture is the essence of community. As long as there is an individual there will be borders, when there's no individuals there'll be no more humanity. The extremes are what harm us.

3. and why would it be chaos without the lines? I dont think culture would clash with culture i think cultures would blend and combine

4. Sure, under ideal conditions. But then that's basically world-wide assimilation. I see no fun or point in that.

Atlantis was destroyed, remember.

5. I dont think every culture will bend together, i just think without the borders it would happen more, and of course there would still be distinct cultures around the world

6. As long as the majority culture isn't forcing assimilation by treading on the rights of the minority cultures, then its all G imo. It's sickening how many people support Democracy without recognizing it, or knowing that it's just mob rule.

7. Were animals, we will always form packs and fight eachother.

8. all i know is in the end of the transition it might not be so bad. like think about it itll be the future everybody always dreamed of. we have the technology already to live in smarthomes and shit and have robots do all our work we wont have to hire a jose or jesus we will have robots to do it. plus with a global currency everyone could have all the great shit. i mean sure it gives up some privacy being that they can peek in on our cameras whenever they choose not that they might but ya never know. i think that wouldnt be so bad for living like the jetsons right? maybe not? ya never know but the transition might be bad but the end could be good