A world without borders

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 25, 2009.

1. You mean impossible?

2. :laughing:

What do YOU get for protecting the people that get it all?

In what ways are we getting more and more feminizied, and if we are, what is wrong with that?

3. No, I mean unpossible, even more impossible than impossible.

[​IMG]

4. I think we need borders. We just need to encourage crossing them as opposed to invading them.

5. While agree that we getting more feminized as a country, there are others that are not...can you guess which ones? There is a reason why men are stronger than women and are more violent...I don't pretend to know why but I do believe the is a reason for it. The more we try to change the natural instincts of men and women, the more we wil hurt our chances for survival imo.

6. We're being taught that any extent of social aggression is socially acceptable while any extent of physical aggression is not. Instead of recognizing trivial physiological difference for what they are, we are taught to deny their existence, believing that it is sexist to, and therefore emphasizing superficial decorum and diplomacy over honesty. It's also considered sexist to identify artificial gender differences created by a media driven society. For example, I don't think females innately like more frivolous shiny jewelry than guys, I think they are socialized to, and in doing so results in a disgusting relationship where we measure the love between a male and female by monetary value rather than emotional value. We learn to give emotional value to the things of monetary value, which acts as the middle man in transferring the 'love' to you partner, rather than just being content with having and expressing our emotions to each other. It's a sick sick sexist and racist world we live in, and the fact that people have been taught to accept it and deny their existence only makes it even sicker.

7. What is your definition of a crime? You've alluded to violent crimes, which are crimes against property and life, therefore I would have to assume you recognize what constitutes a crime and what does not. Smoking a joint is not a crime. Murder is. Humans have a natural tendency to understand what is and is not a crime.

However, this is not a thread about crime fighting in an anarchic world but I will just mention something briefly but I believe if you want to pursue this it ought to be in a separate thread.

In a world without government you're still going to have police forces. They will be private security companies but they will still be there. Since protection is a service that nearly everyone wants you would be able to purchase the level of protection you want. Now I will make this disclaimer that we do not know exactly what form investigative services would take under anarchy because there currently isn't a free market alternative to major crime investigations. We can only speculate and offer possible solutions. It is probable that a private security company would offer investigative services for things such as murder. I tend to believe that the cost associated with it would be covered either by a clause in a life insurance policy or something else. Some have speculated that companies that offer insurance against crimes would be prevalent. If a murder were to take place it is likely that the family would either hire a company to investigate it or some pre-arranged system, like crime insurance or even a life insurance company or something along those lines, would take over to investigate the criminal act. That company would then use the same resources used today (or perhaps even more effective ones) to figure out who did it. Anyway, I'd be more than happy to point you to more information about this if you want or if you want to start another thread to discuss it then I'd be happy to discuss it more.

8. Nice post... And may I add...

Women may not have an innate liking for shiny things...they DO have an innate liking for men with things. Power, money, status...that's what females innately desire from men. The jewelry shows other females at a glace their status.

9. Realistic... truf.

10. #30 Exhalation, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    Hitler also wanted a world without borders...while its a nice thing to think about, you have got to realize the magnitude of change needed for that to occur and one centralized government just seems like a bad idea to me. I felt the oppression(for the first time) of living in America recently by getting busted for having harmless plant matter one me. Each human has his/her own views on morality and justice.

I very much agree with Kylesa in retracting the claws of governmental power, creating a centralized system is just plain stupid. i also think a ruling body should only have power over a set amount of people or land to give people "breathing room", and (imo) that amount of people/land today is friggin ridiculously huge. War is in our nature, suppressing emotion is the problem.

Maybe thats why people have the stress issues they have today. people cant punch people in the face anymore for verbally defeating certain core values they might have. One of mine is ganja use, and i wanna punch people in the face really bad :)

Utopian societies are just nonsensical for many reasons

11. just like communism, it only looks good on paper

12. A world without borders would lack definition.

13. Very nice quote....ill remember that for a long time. Is that your own?

14. Funny thing about that commentary is it only looks good on paper.

15. Yes, and thank you. :)

16. Explain....

17. No. :p

Well, think of it as a big painting. If there were no borders, no divisional lines between the objects in the painting, it would just be a big indistinguishable mess of color.

A song without borders wouldn't be a song, it would just be a pile of notes.

Our job as humans is to perceive reality, and perception requires definition. It basically comes down to whether you like gray or technicolor.

I personally like a little dissonance in my harmony, some minor in my major. It's all gray anyway, why not add some color?

18. It's a beautiful dream.

But, that's all it will ever be, so dream on.

Humanity goes against such things... I wish it didn't but, it does...

19. It would be unity is what it would be.

What civilization is, is 6 billion people trying to make themselves happy by standing on each other's shoulders and kicking each other's teeth in. It's not a pleasant situation.

And yet, you can stand back and look at this planet and see that we have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love and the community to produce a kind of human paradise. But we are led by the least among us - the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.

This is something, culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people's convenience and the convenience of various institutions, churches, companies, tax collection schemes, what have you. It is not your friend. It insults you. It disempowers you. It uses and abuses you. None of us are well treated by culture.

Yet we glorify the creative potential of the individual, the rights of the individual. We understand the felt-presence of experience is what is most important. But the culture is a perversion. It fetishizes objects, creates consumer mania, it preaches endless forms of false happiness, endless forms of false understanding in the form of squirrelly religions and silly cults. It invites people to diminish themselves and dehumanize themselves by behaving like machines - meme processors of memes passed down from Madison Avenue and Hollywood...

- Terrence McKenna