A week & no sprout - time to give up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TFCornrolls, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Huge apologies if this was already mentioned somewhere else - I did read through a bunch of posts but couldn't find an answer, so here I am. :D

n00b grower obviously - germinated some seeds recently and planted them about a week and a half ago. A few sprouted, a few didn't. Of those that haven't yet (it's been about 10 days now) should I just trash those and start some new seeds or am I just being impatient? If I'm being impatient, how long should I wait before I give up on those that haven't sprouted?

ANy help would be very appreciated!

2. Is this an indoor grow or outdoor....?

hps light, metal halide.....sunlight?

most likely the seeds that didnt pop through are no good.
    bagseed?

3. also if your seeds dont look like this in color they probs wont work..

light brow, green, and tan seeds are not good

darker brown is the best

[​IMG]

4. Thanks for the quick response and putting up with my n00b-ass questions, ICE!

To answer your questions: Indoor grow, sunlight (for now), ordered the seeds from an online seedbank (not bagseed), and the seeds all popped but the ones with the longer roots (stems? -- the little white thing that comes out of the seed) are the ones that are growing better. That's probably explains a lot, but I just wanted to check with more experienced growers to see if I should wait or if I fucked up by rushing the germinating process.

5. if the seeds never cracked in the germination process and the little white nub never poked out....then the seed never germinated.

and what do you mean its an indoor grow with sunlight?

got any pics?

6. The seeds cracked and the little white root came out of all of them, just some were longer than the others (like 1/4 of an inch) and the others only came out as long as those ones in your pic. The longer ones are growing well, those others haven't sprouted yet.

Its indoors but on a windowsill with good sunlight. I'm very early in the grow process and am building a grow tent for the sprouts.

7. i would definatly recommend putting them outside....how long have they been in soil?

and yeah to answer your question....the ones that didnt make it....probably are not going to make it

8. They've been in soil for a little over a week now - 10 days to be exact. And I would put em outside, buuuuut I live in an apartment.

Thanks for the advice though - luckily I have extra seeds so I can start over (I planned ahead expecting to make several mistakes!)