Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

a way to hit resin

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by magecow75, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so i just regesterd just to post this lol....

but what that one guy said about heating the resin to make it easier to scrape gave me an idea

i tried scraping with a spare guitar string once but it didnt really pull the resin off

so i heated my bowl with the stove untill it was smoking
    not a ton of smoke but enough to hit it a couple times
    then i stuck a guitar string in the carb

and just kept stuffing the string in (it was a superslinky i never felt enough resistance to threaten breaking my pipe)

and i got about half the string into my pipe just randomly cramming it in

and when i pulled it out i had about half the resin in my pipe with it right there in 2 minutes

so maybe im retarded or something but yeah if someone else uses this your welcom if not i just wasted my time lol

oh and as for strings i use low E but it probly works with whatever

2. There is a much easier way to collect the resin from your bowl, someone here on GC made a thread about it. It's the same idea as what everyone else said, you get a pot of boiling water and lightly dip the bowl end of your pipe into the water, but not so much that it submerges just a little bit, then when the resin heats up enough it will liquify and you can pour it of the carb into a little container. Then just let it dry and you can smoke it, that is if you really want to smoke resin, I don't think I would do it maybe once in a very long while, a couple of days off will do you good anyway.

3. #3 tyrone biggums, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    lol. the op is freebasing resin.
    we use to do it with a lighter and these cheap pipes a few years ago. just run the lighter under the pipe like you would if you were smoking meth :X and it will start vaping the resin.
    after a while it stains the glass and its hard as hell to clean the inside cause all the res gets baked in

oh
    and we were using super think 4 dollar pipes from this corner store. it didnt work well with thick glass. takes a long time to heat up.
    thats some fiend shit anyway

4. I can't believe so many people didn't know how to get resin out. I can clean my pipe completely of resin in about 30 seconds with a paper clip. Just dry hit it once or twice then just twirl the paper clip around and it balls it up then you just pull it to a hole..

5. dude just get a paper clip an bend like a little hook at the end of the papper clip then just scoop all the resin out from the inside of your bowl..and then smoke it

6. bumped from hell haha

7. another way to get res out is to put your piece in a pot or a pan full of water and find a way to keep it elevated off of the bottom (put it on top of a glass measuring cup or glass anything) and let the water boil. then remove it and blow out and you can get some massive res chunks. some people claim that its bad for the glass, but i've never experienced any problems as long as you put it in the water before the water is hot, and dont put it in cold water afterwards. if anything, once you get the res out that you want put it back in the pan and let it cool down naturally with the water it was in

8. that's what she said?

haha that being said. that sounds like a really good meathod. and your... uh... smoking device is really ill.

9. #9 AZGentleman420, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    (to the OP)That's one chic piece you got there bro!
    Anyway Inquiring minds wanna know:
    1) while heating the pipe (whether through the use of a lighter flame or a stove burner), is there any risk of the pipe breaking/cracking due to heat, or is it durable just like pyrex cookware?
    2) Was there any noticeable smell when you heated your piece?
    3) did you let the pipe touch the burner or pan?

I appreciate it.

10. TO EVERYONE: All pipes are started out with borosilicate (read: pyrex) tubing and formed into pipes. Borosilicate is for all intents and purposes, PYREX. No more questions on it. Pipes are made from pyrex.

(not trying to single you out, its just that everyone and their mothers asks this question here.)

11. fuck all this heating

get 2 plastic bags, put one inside the other
    put your bowl in the bag
    pour enough to almost cover your bowl
    shake like hell
    when the alcohol is all brown and black pour it on a glass plate and wait for it to evaporate
    scrape with a razorblade

12. #12 Viral Frog, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    This is my favorite way to collect resin from my pipes.
    After it's cooled down, and I've scraped it, I like to put it in a bowl full of mouthwash and clean it until it looks brand new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.