A watering problem, please read and help me!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Loided, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Hi,

I wasn't completely sure of where to put this, in this forum or Outdoors growing section; seeming as it is my first grow and that sort of thing and this is a simple question, I figured here. That said, I apologise in advance if I've whacked this thread in the wrong forum.

Anyways, essentially I planted about 6 seeds from a mids pickup in an ice cream container with potting soil (without germination, just straight in). I've essentially been a lazy sod and in about the last two weeks maybe watered it about four or five times. However, this seems to have succeeded, because I have one which has sprouted and is about half a centimeter tall, which I really am delighted with after a few failed growing attempts. However, I am going away in two days to a Blues festival (FUCK YEAH!) for 5, perhaps 6 days, so I'm not sure what I should do about the sprout.

I have no one who can water it for me and no means of constructing some sort of drip system where it is being watered constantly (I'm growing in a spot away from my house, and I wouldn't have time to take off work to construct such a thing, on top of being seen and some one discovering), so I am not sure of what to do about watering. It's Spring here (Western Australia), with an average temperature today of 25 degrees Celcius. Short of giving it a semi large (not drenching it to death) watering tomorrow before I go, I don't know what I can do to help it. Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated, perhaps some VERY easy and simple to construct drip system or whatever knowledge anyone has that they think could be of some use to someone in my predicament.

Thanks a lot in advance for reading this,

Loided. :smoking:

2. A really simple drip system some of my gardening pals have come up with is a plastic bottle with a pin-hole in the closed end.

Fill the bottle with water invert and insert the open end into the soil...maybe 3-4 cm. poke a small hole in the bottom (now the top) a hot nail is good for this.

3. Something similar to this? Thankyou for posting, but I don't think I'm quite understanding you my friend (not your fault, and as said thankyou for helping, just I'm not comprehending fully my end).

Attached Files:

4. Sorry I wasn't too clear...I hadn't made one myself so I was passing on second-hand info.

Your drawing is spot on only you need a vent hole in the bottom of the bottle to allow air in as the water drains out...just a tiny pin-hole for the vent.

5. I got you man, basically like a bucket bong with the bottom cut off etc, that'll work great I'm thinking. If anyone has any estimations on how long a full 3 litre bottle of water would last (with one or two at most small holes in the lid), that would be much appreciated, but other than this, thankyou for this information, it's been quite valuable to me and I hope very much it works.