A warning to my friends:

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hank Alvarez, May 29, 2011.

1. Not all is gold that glitters.
    This is a warning to any of you who have followed my thinking on a grow cabinet project I've been planning for the last couple of months. Thanks to Sam's Club.com it temporarily fell apart last Thursday. I ordered their made in the USA, heavy duty, largest steel storage cabinet 2'D x 4'W x 6'6" tall on Wednesday and they said it would be delivered Thursday or Friday. I figured that was too good to be true but I'll be damned if it didn't arrive early Thursday afternoon. Not bad for an online purchase. Well, part of it arrived.

Being old and gimpy I had asked a friend to come over and help me assemble it but what I received was half of a cabinet; three dented walls, two doors and no assembly instructions, no cabinet top or bottom, no hardware and no lock assembly. I didn't panic, yet.

I called Sam's Club customer service, (what a joke), and all I got was, "Sorry about that." The bimbo told me they had already had three or four complaints that morning about the same problem with the same cabinet! I asked when they would get the rest of it to me and sadly she said it had to come from the manufacturer so not to expect it until next Wednesday!

So my advice to you is: don't order their biggest heavy duty steel cabinet because they're likely to screw up the order and rain on your parade. By now we would have had it assembled, moved into place, modified with an internal vented fan and filter and my next grow would be underway. My sugar bowl is getting low so the clock is ticking but they don't care.

Their pieces are now sitting on the side of my house until they get off their asses and pick it up. I think I'll try it with the 3'W x 1 1/2'D x 6'6"tall model you can get right off the shelf without having these Neanderthals having to to try to think. I have one in my garage now and it's really a pretty nice cabinet, especially for $60 less. Has anybody got anything going now with that model? I'd like to know what you're doing?