A Virus?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Flemian, Aug 15, 2012.

1. #1 Flemian, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I looked at my computer light and noticed it had started its on update so I let it run. When it finished he computer restart itself and froze at the log in screen.

So I waited a minute or two before turning off the computer. Now everyone I start it back up it doesn't even make to the log in screen. It does the whole start up process but then goes to a black screen with a cursor when it's suppose to load the log in screen. It won't even load the option for safe mode when I hit f8 when computer is started.

2. Harddrive it shouldnt be, maybe glitched with broken graphic card.

3. When you say it was updating, do you mean Windows was doing updates or antivirus? If it was windows updates, I would do a system restore to a day before this happened. I know Windows updates can sometimes cause problems. But this usually happens when the Windows installation is already damaged.

Since you can't get into windows to do the system restore. Try downloading Winternals ISO and boot off a CD and you'll have the capability to use System Restore from there.

4. You can boot and run recovery console and do FIXBOOT and FIXMBR

Other than that, boot in safe mode do some hard drive checks or a system restore

5. [quote name='"DrazyHaze"']You can boot and run recovery console and do FIXBOOT and FIXMBR

Other than that, boot in safe mode do some hard drive checks or a system restore[/quote]

failed reading comprehension? I said safe mode doesn't load.