A very philosophical thread

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I used to be philosophical about things.

Until I realized that I have nothing to think about.

Sort of, dephilosophicized myself by exhausting all the questions.

But lately I've been starting to ask questions.

Like,

"How many times should I chew my food before swallowing it?"

or

"What should I name this color?"

--

Lately I've been naming colors.

Mostly yellow, violet, and red.

Cos many of the trees have yellow, violet, and red flowers.

So when I see a tree with yellow flowers, I don't just say,

"Oh, it's yellow."

I say,

"It's majestic yellow."

or

"The tree has risky yellow color."

Just to give more defenition to the color...

I don't know.

2. lol I don't know either man.

I'm sitting here trying to think of a response, and I don't think I can think of anything. So this is it :)

3. Im with dead rock.... i cant think of a single thing to tell you.

4. You should probably start your own crayon company... make baller names like 'dank ass lime green'

or 'dookie after pizza hut orange'

5. Perhaps you've already made your mark in the world of wisdom (and, possibly, waiting for others to make theirs)?

I've been downing philosophical literature like a madman for the past few years, and I can't think of anything new to say to anyone who's still trying to find their own path.

There's nothing left, for me, to do except spend about 90% of time cherishing the human experience and waiting for weird stories to tell (or, hear from) my comrades about how today went.

6. nothing to think about!? wish i had that problem.

maybe you reached the point where you should lead.

7. OP, you should get a collection of clothes for every color variant, then wear different colors each day and study how it effects people around you. Then you can start assigning them personalities.

8. This.

9. I don't get it.

What does it mean, 'it's time to lead'?

Fatbluntsyo, what did you mean by it?

I've been thinking about this for a few days now.

10. This is what gave George carlin his great insight on life.

11. I just watched one of his performance 'Modern Man'.

He's good... very good.

:smoke:

12. I don't think philosophy has any thing to do with naming colors. Unless your contemplating what makes yellow, yellow and stuff like that.

13. #13 Boats And Hoes, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Don't let anyone confine your curiosity... All purpose in life is constituted by the subject; YOU, the self, must flavor life with wonder. Learn something new for yourself, everyday - something conducive; knowledge is infinite. Study and appreciate the world, and its grandeur; for to delve into the universe, mentally, is to get closer to "God".

Your a human being with great potential, don't let anyone tell you any different. "Right" and "wrong" are concepts created by the subject, and subject only. Live and let live; enjoy your mental and physical freedom, take advantage of it - find pleasure in this extravagent and immense planet.

A mentally strong person should NOT be hindered by apathy!

14. it parrallels plato's alegory of the cave which is the life of a philosopher. we are all born shackled but some manage to free themselves and emerge from the cave.

liberate us from these state of minds.

you are god, therefore the deeper you explore the universe, the deeper you uncover your true self.

"right" and "wrong" are "this works" and "that works," which come from observance.

15. #15 Boats And Hoes, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    1.) We are a "part" of "God"... but, NOT "GOD" in his entirety. So, expound on this, please...

2.) Uhh... Yea; hence, as I said before, ""right" and "wrong" are concepts created by the subject" - Although, I should of used "interpreted" or "registered", instead of "created".

16. We are equally "God" as much as we are a "part of God." We can manifest our dreams into reality.
    I would use the term "recognized."

17. 1.) Okay, if I, the subject, "God", were standing in Antarctica... could I turn the cold air, that I'm non-consensually sensing, into heat?

2.) Recognition isn't a good word... u know why? Because "recognition" infers a sort of standard recognition. While on thee other hand - "interpret" is a lot better; because it doesn't infer anything standard... only the interpretation of the subject matters, not the "recognition" of it. You can recognize something, and never "interpret" it; subjectively that is...

18. You are implying magical powers as attributes of being God. Just because I can't snap my fingers and make "cold" turn to "heat" does not make it impossible. All we are at this very moment, right now, is a stage for the future.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JuPyxBneM"]Jason Silva - Imagination - YouTube[/ame]

You have confused me, how are you using "standard?"

Can you give me a few examples to the bold sentence?

19. #19 Boats And Hoes, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    1.) Yes, you are right... I should have first asked your definition of God - so, what is "God", according to you?

2.) Imagine someone recognizing a red rose, "you can recognize the rose", and never interpret or register its, subjective, aesthetical value. "Good" and "Evil" are the same... something might hurt me, but, that doesn't automatically mean I'm gonna "interpret" it as "Good" or "Bad" - I just know it "hurts"; and this pain can be subjective... so another person can "recognize" this same pain, and enjoy it - after interpretation, and not from "standard" recognition. Good & Evil are subjective interpretation's, and not objective recognitions.

20. Can we be philosophical about food?

I think we can.

There are so much to think about in foods.

What is it? How does it taste? What does it look like? What does it smell like?

What is its nutritiousness?

What's it good for?

How much does it cost?

Is it easy to chew?

Is it easy to digest?

Man, there are so much to think about...