Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A very nice stoner tip for my pals. [pics and vid]

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GreenJo, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Do you ever have a problem with chips not staying closed? Most people may use chip-clips or paper clips, but check this out... I know a way to close your chips up and they will stay closed until you open them. It's simple. It's free. And they are ALWAYS as fresh as you left them in the previous munch-fest... :smoking:

Firstly. You will need your bag of chips. (Go try this. You need practice so that you can do it every time. I promise it's a life changer. The more you do it, the better you will get - even though it is VERY VERY VERY very simple.)
    [​IMG]

Secondly, you will need to flatten the empty part of your bag. Get all of the air out - air is what stales chips out. Get as much as you can out, but it's not necessary to suck the air out. However - I do it sometimes. I hate stale chips.
    [​IMG]

Thirdly, fold the top of the bag down in, about, 1 inch strips. Rolling the bag down is what you don't want to do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Squish the top and make it flat. It's pretty important.
    [​IMG]

Now, you have your folded-down bag... Fold the two upper-corners of the folds backwards...
    [​IMG]

This could be better, but this will defiantly work. Make it look something like this.
    [​IMG]

This is the tricky part. Now fold your corners into the part you were folding before. It's tricky, but all you have to do is fold your bag the opposite way you were folding it in the previous steps. It only takes 1 fold. As you're folding, oppositely, tuck the back-folded corners into the fold... You'll feel it as you do it.
    [​IMG]

Should look about like this...
    [​IMG]

Finished product:
    [​IMG]

and a video:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENuE3tUv1JE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENuE3tUv1JE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry for the crap-vid quality. And the lighting (or lack-there-of). IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, ASK ME. I will be glad to help...
    -GreenJo

:smoking:

2. holy shit how did u learn that?:eek:+ rep for making a guide

3. I learned it as a kid. Before the internet was around... My uncle showed me. I have been doing it since. I knew people would respect it on here. It's very awesome... Show your parents, dude. The world should know it.

edit: I'm only 22. When I say before the internet was around, I mean when I was 6 or 7... Before the internet is what it is today.

4. That is awesome.

If I had a bag of chips I would totally go try it, but alas I have no munchies at my house.

I just gotta remember this shit, thsi should be a sticky haha.

5. Thanks guys.

I need to add - this is possible even if you open a new bag up. There still is enough room to close it (since they go by weight and not actual chips).. :)

6. wow crazy
    that you made a guide
    for chip bag folding

but usefull none the less

7. The video is a great addition to this thread. I was confused on a step, but after watching the video, it was crystal clear. This is a very good thread because I am notorious for leaving bags open and letting things go stale.

8. thanks for sharing

I can never find those damn chip clips, this will be nice to know in the future.

9. HOW MUCH DO I WATER STRAWBERRY KUSH
    :confused:

10. You aint from round these parts, are ya boy?

You got a purty mouth...

11. hahahaha lol goddamn thats funny when ur baked. I can just imagine a formal business meeting when someone busts in the room and yells that.

12. amazing! I can't believe I have lived life without this!

13. X2 - everyone needs to see this thread. It has forever changed me... I feel complete.

14. +rep dude, thats awesome... It looks pretty easy to, Im surprised no one I know has done that before.

15. LOL!!!

16. I'd like to say that I fucking love sunchips, and now I can keep them fresher longer thanks to this lovely thread.

17. Haha. Why spend money on a food saver when you have lungs?:hello:

edit: I do that with bread, too.

18. i just useally fold my ba gin half . My chips don't last long enough to get stale. Good just the same

19. sweet vid man and i ove your shirt im going to rep you idk if mine does anything yet because im 1 bar but wat evs lol.

20. that little nod at the very end of the video was kinda cute. haha but what a nifty way to keep your chips fresher.