A very interesting US map

Discussion in 'General' started by GolgiApparatus, Nov 20, 2008.

1. The map renames each state with a country that has approximately the same GDP as that state.

[​IMG]

2. Take that, Norway!

What's the comparison for population? national debt?

3. Where is it ??

4. america is some condensed mother fuckers.

wow that is way interesting, thanks for sharing!

5. #5 kinetic being, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    New Jersey, all of 9000 square miles, has the GDP of Russia, the largest country on Earth? That's crazy, if not bogus.

(unless I'm confusing GDP with something else, Gross Domestic Product right? Meaning the total money made by that state/country before expenses?) [edit: it is the total value of goods and services produced in a given time period]

edit:

Just found this

and I had a hard time finding the GDP for NJ, I could only get the per capita GDP,

[​IMG]

I multiplied the per capita GDP by the population of NJ, but I got a number over 390 Trillion, so I know I'm doing something wrong...I don't exactly know much about economics, but the NJ/Russia GDP similarity doesn't quite seem right to me...

6. I'd be living in South Africa.. I gotsta watch out them AIDS.

7. how is saudi arabia only worth as much as tennessee? i figured it would be = to california?????

8. haha shit i thought he was talking about granddaddy purple:rolleyes:

9. lmao same here

10. I thought Hong Kong was rich.. why is it one of the little speckle states?

11. And wtf? Uzbekistan does not have that much money.. I did a report about them back in high school, their biggest export is cotton.. and they dont have a good economy..

12. The size of the state doesn't mean anything. Maryland has the highest average income of any state in the US.

13. Israel? Not bad for Orygun I guess.

14. Shit...

*eats some Kiełbasa*