A very bad year (story)

Discussion in 'General' started by modern-hippy, Nov 22, 2007.

1. A very bad year(2007)

Before the year 2007:
    Louis had always thought there was something wrong with the world. He couldn't quite put his finger on what it was, but he knew a large part of it was the fact that he was diffrent then everyone else. Louis felt a certain discomfort in every day life. He looked around and noticed other peoples happiness, and he grew tired of seeing other people enjoying life in a way he knew he never would. Since he was an infant, Louis had been diagnosed with having severe chronic migraines. A condition that not only left him with severe headaches much of his life, but also left him in a sudden state of confusion and drunken like dizziness. Lights and noise became way too intense. It was hard for him to keep track of his own thoughts. More days then not, Louis found himself laying in bed with the covers over his face wanting nothing more then tomorrow to arrive in hopes that it would be better. Of course, he usually just woke up in the exact same condition he fell asleep in, and he soon realized this was just a part of everyday life for him.
    That Wasn't all of it tho. There was something else about this world that botherd him. It was the realization that life truly was without a purpous. Sitting around with friends and smoking weed, someone would say "Hey what do you think the purpous of life is, huh? why are we here?" Louis knew the answer to that question. Life had no purpous what so ever. There was no higher power, or god, or afterlife. there was no heaven or hell. We were all born because some big ball of chemicals blew up millions of years ago and now were all here living day by day, without any sort of purpous. "You know what happens when you die?" he said, "you rot away in the ground and bugs and rats eat your flesh. Then your dead and cease to exist. The end" The answer pleased him in a way. Who the hell would want to live forever in the after life? what bullshit. Wouldn't you be sick of putting up with lifes crap after a few hundred years and just want it to be over?
    Louis wasn't a bad person, in fact he had quite an honest heart. But over the years he had become more and more bitter inside, frowning on others stupidity, as well as their good forturne. He usually kept it to himself, but at times he would get too mad and just loose it, lashing out at people around him. His mother Joan didn't help the situation at all. She had fried her brain on pschydellic drugs like acid and LSD back in the 70's and continued poping pills untill the present day. She was slow, uninteligent, demanding and refused to believe she was ever wrong at a single thing. He reflected back on her yelling and screaming at 3 in the morning, kicking the side of his bed and making absurd demands such as do the laundry this instant, or turn off the lights and go to sleep because normal people wern't up at such an hour. Being a legal adult at this point, he couldnt help but find it rather irratating. There were times were he couldnt take it any more and locked his own mom out of the house over night, simply so he could have a decent nights sleep. There were times when he'd be sitting on the front hood of the car, and she would hop in and take off down the street without letting him off. She'd gone off in front of his friends multiple times, throwing fits over the smallest things, and wanting him to do one thing after another around the house instead of hanging out with whoever he had over at the time. One day, he knew he'd break.

Louis had always known his dad smoked pot, and eventually they ended up smoking together on a somewhat regualr basis. When he turned 18, his dad bought him a medical marijuana card, the best gift a son could recive from his dad. This of course led to him selling medical grade weed to a few people here and there when he was needing some extra cash, which was more often then not. He moved out of his moms place and went to stay with his dad, despite having some somewhat painfull memories of him from the past. Things seemed pretty good. He let him smoke as much pot as he wanted and pretty much just wanted him to do the dishes and take out the trash once in a while. He got a job at a small art/pottery store, and made good friends with everyone there. Most of the time he looked forward to going into work to sit around on his ass, make a buck and give back massages to his sexy seductive manager Janet. She was married, but he didn't give a flying fuck. And by the way she talked about how much of a looser her husband was, how she had to pleasure herself in the shower, and how she needed a boyfriend, well... he didn't think she gave much of a fuck either. Despite taking her to the movies once, he was always too chicken to make a move on her. After all, she was the manager. She was married. She was 28. He was barely legal. Every day he went home and regeretted not grabbing her in the back room and ripping off her clothes.

The year 2007 : the year the world went to hell.

It was kind of a bitch living 25 miles away from friends. Louis had a car his mom got him for his birthday. An old vintage VW bus. it was the shit, and he loved the hell out of that car. He drove it the 25 miles to the vally to see his friends as much as possible. One day the car broke down on the freeway and he had to resort to public transportation to get back and forth. It took 3 diffrent city busses almost 3 hours to make the trip. It was tiring and migraine inducing, and was usually full of 90-120 people, 6 or 7 of which were homeless men who shit their pants.
    One day Louis took his moms car without asking and drove it to work instead of taking the bus.
    For some unknown reason, mabey because he had a bad day at work, or mabey life was just getting dull and he felt like saying "fuck you" to a few laws, he unzipped his pants while driving and flashed a lady at random who was walking down the sidewalk. needless to say it was a bad move. An elderly woman crossing the street stopped him from speeding away, and the woman got his licence plate. He got community service picking up trash on the freeway but never did it. He was scared. He figured he was headed to jail. A few weeks later he was showering at 8am to go take the only girlfriend he ever had to the ren fair. He had met her online after having a lot of problems talking to girls. He never thought he was good looking enough and smooth and confident enough to pick up a girl, unless it was through instant messages, and he had become kind of depressed before meeting her. Jessica was her name, and she made him happy. Thats all that mattered. The calmness of the shower was interupted by a loud knock on the door. The cops came in and hauled his flasher ass to jail, and in jail he stayed for 15 days.

As you can amagine, Life in jail was anything but pleasent. before they decide where to put you, you spend the first 24-48 hours in a 6' by 8' cement room with 60 other inmates. Its so crowded there isn't enough room for people to sit cross legged without their knees hitting someone else. The lack of trashcans means the floors are disgusting, filled with week old peanutbutter and jelly, and whatever else ends up on the floor. The lack of pillows beds or blanketts for the first one to two days means your sleeping on bare cement, and when you sit up again, your skin in black from the dirt.
    Every day he only did 3 things. Get yelled at by cops, make phonecalls home, and look nervously around for people who wanted to beat his 130 pound ass. He made friends with 2 other inamtes, one of which gave him a pill to crush up and snort, along with a pretty good idea. The cops put you thru a mental evaluation. If your hearing voices, in the mental ward you go. So me and a few other lied and told the cops how crazy we are. The place where they keep mentaly ill inamtes in jail is actually pretty sweet compared to regular jail.You get a window, and you get one cellmate. The diffrence is if your not crazy you dont get a window and you get about a hundred cellmates, which means a hundred people you gotta be watching, and without a window, you have no idea if its three in the morning or three in the afternoon. Pretty soon they figured out i wasn't nuts tho, and back into general population i went. Eventually Louis made it thru the 15 days without getting beat up or ass raped, but he saw enough shit go down to scare him for life.
    When he got out of jail he went back and forth between his moms and dads house. One day after spending a few days in the vally with his friends, he got his mom to give him a ride back to drop off a trashbag full of laundry and weed at his dads house before heading into work. He called the house a few times but no one picked up, and seeing as he only had about 10 minutes to get to work, he figured he better just get shit done. Arriving at the house he was pissed to discover he was locked out and no one was home. "Fuck I dont have time for this shit" He climbed in thru an open window, put his clothes away, took a quik bong hit and ran out the door to work.
    Around this time, the stress of life had caused Louis to pick up the habbit of smoking cigarettes. He started to feel himslef devloping an addiction, but it was something he enjoyed doing, it relived stress, and he just said "Fuck it". He really didnt care if he got addicted anymore, it was something he wanted to do. Louis was still kinda happy from that bong hit, and having a decent day at work. He told his coworker he was gonna take a cigarette break and walked outside. As he lit up the 27, he thought to himself "damn, this is a damn good cigarette." He finished it and walked back inside to hear his dad had stopped by. Wondering what he wanted, Louis gave him a call on the comapany phone. "I dont like you climbing in my windows" his dad said "Thats called breaking and entering. your lucky I'm not calling the police, but next time I will. You cant stay at my house any more, find someone to pick you up and find somewhere to stay. And oh yeah, come by and pick up your shit, but I'm smoking all your weed you left here.
    Louis stormed out of the workplace, ran home, grabbed all his shit and walked around the block. He just sat down and took in everything that just happend. He lit up another cigarette as he tried to hold back a tear beginning to form. This meant he would have to move back in with his mom, and be severly annoyed on a daily basis once again. He also knew that this was the end of his job since he would now be living 25 miles away. He would take the bus there and back a few times, 6 hours round trip, then quit. no more income for weed cigarettes or misc fun. He finished his work shift, had his mom pick him up, and went to sleep very angry at the world.
    Eventually he picked himself up and made living with mom as enjoyable as possible. He made the guesthouse/garage into his room so he could have people over late at night and smoke pot without her knowing. He became a little happier. One day Louis got a phonecall from Brian. Brian was a guy he knew but didnt really like hanging out with. Louis still sold to him tho, fuck it he needed money. Brain picked him up and drove him to the medical marijuana pharmacy. The car pulled around the corner and parked. "Alright, you got the money?" "heres $300.. get me the best ounce you can for that." "ok, wait here, I'll be back." Louis approaches the pharmacy and walks inside. He buys him an ounce for $280, and keeps a 20 for himself. The guy behind the counter also gave him a free gram of hash for trying that paticular place out for the first time, which he was happy to also pocket. Louis just couldnt resist. He hadnt smoked all day and Brian never smoked him out when he bought anything. He reached into the bag and pulled out a small nug for himself, to put with the $20 and hash. He walked back to the car thinking he had just come up ahead by helping this guy out.
    When Louis got back home, he called his good friend Jenny over to smoke some hash. Jenny was a girl Louis was nuts about, but unfortinatly she would never see him the same way. So they just stayed smoke buddies. Jenny told him she'd be by in several hours, after she got off work. That gave Louis enough time to ride his bike to another nearby pharmacy to pick up more weed with that $20 he just picked up from Brian. He jumped on his bike and rode off as fast as he could, never touching the seat, and using his whole body weight to pump up and down on the pedals. As he raced around the corner to follow a main boulavard, he came to a long straight away several blocks long. He pumped his legs as hard as he could. As he gained speed, he noticed he was passing up cars on the street. "I must be going at least 30 mph" he thought to himself. As he approched the end of the sidewalk, Louis had a decision to make. Would he ride his bike down the curb at this rediciouls speed, or would he slow down and turn the corner to get the driveway. He decided to go for it. He stood up, peddeled as hard as he could and at the right moment, yanked up on the handle bars. Horror filled his eyes as looked down. The front tire had fallen completly off and bounced off the street. The bike landed on the front forks with no wheel, flipped over and sent him face first into the pavement. He heard a loud snap as his bottom and top jaw broke, and a seperate crunch as his nose was shatterd. Six teeth had been knocked out, and his lip was split completly in 2 seperate pieces. there was a hole in his chin that let you see the inside of his mouth even when it was closed.

After he got out of the hospital, Louis' mom kicked him out of the house because she couldn't stand the stress of the accident.. she'd be yelling at him at the top of her lungs and poor Louis couldn't yell back with his shatterd jaw. Eating was extremly difficult and he lost a lot of weight very fast. Docters were worried. He survived off of milk shakes, apple sauce and oatmeal, as chewing was nearly impossible for some time. He stayed with his dad for some time untill he made his life so misserble he went back to his moms once again, where the fights just got worse. He was completly miserable. He found not having a job to be more and more depressing. The daily routine of waking up at 1:30 in the afternoon and spending all day in front of the tv smoking pot with the same friends 18 hours a day every day. It became to much and too little for him to handle simultaneity. Life really did seem to be lacking a purpous more and more and the thoughts in his head gradually became darker.

One night, Louis found some time alone. His friends went home, he spent some time messing around on the computer, thinking hard about life. He took some over the counter sleeping pills that he took every now and then, since he was usually up till near 5 in the morning. Looking at a bottle of codine pain pills on the table he opened it and took 5 of those as well. He had heard that mixing those 2 could stop your breathing, and wondered if it was true. true or not, he was getting rather tired of this life, and he had dwelled too long on the idea that he may never be able to move away from his parents, his migraines might not let him get ahead in life. They'd held him back this whole time, "what if they hold me back forever and i never get anywhere? never get out of this hell hole? Louis stood up, turned on the TV and crawled into bed, wondering If he would ever wake up again.

2. :smoking:Damn dude good story, that shits intense. That bout joos life?

2 joints up:smoke:

3. Shit, that accident sounds rough.
    And your parents sound a little flimsy on being supportive.

Life is like a box of chocolates.
    Enjoyed best while high!

4. yeah its about my life, my name is Louis... if you can amagine theres a lot of things i realized i forgott to mention. Like while I was still in jail my dog died. And when you dont have front teeth, you cant say words with an "S" in it with sounding really stupid. In fact I cant say any word that has the letters "S" "T" or "F". 3 teeth front teeth are missing. my top 2 in the front and one on the bottom in the front. When i see people walking down the street they are affraid of me because of how I look. They act like I'm plotting how to stab them. My lips are all messed up too. my hopes of getting a girl are slim to nill.

Also, I dont really like codine, it makes me feel like shit. I like vicodine a lot better because i can actually funtion and not have a headache all day. my mom knows this. when we went to the doccter he was in the middle of writing a vicodine prescription, and my mom said that i still had codine left and i dont need it so he never gave me the prescription. I told him the codine makes me feel like shit and he just told me vicodine would make me feel like shit too. my mom made me lookl ike a drug adict, and now i've been spending my time all pilled out and felling crappy all day

5. damn dude thats some heavy shit right there...i dont even nkow what to say.... but keep pushing man it cant be all bad forever

6. sad story

but excellent story telling skills

7. that shit is sad.

why didnt you go off to college, you definantly seem bright enough. And you will get a girl sometime, you just gotta have more self confidance. You can be the ugliest mother fucker around, but as long as you have a healthy self esteem and arent doubting yourself all the time a girl will still get with you.

8. Why not get gold teeth?

Be a true *****.

9. sorry dude that shits depressing

10. thats one of the best short stories i've ever read. i couldn't stand typing out all of that, props to ya man.

11. Wholy shit.
    That's some rough shit, poor guy :(.

12. thats rough but your a great writer, +rep

13. Shit man, at least 2008's almost here.

14. I was rooting for you the whole time after you mentioned 27's but I could tell something awful was gonna happen. I wish the best of luck to you.

15. You need to write a book. That story was really deep, and you managed to keep my sober self very interested. I usually don't give a shit about other people, but you've damn near brought me to tears. I like the way you slipped up at one point and started saying "I" instead of "he", it really added to the story. Maybe send this to a magazine? I don't know, but your story should be published.

16. QFT

Like he said, you have very good writing skills and kept me reading the entire time. I'm sorry you had to go through so much shit this year but I hope that good things, and I mean really good things, start coming your way. Keep your head up bro.

[​IMG]

PS - Ever tried MDMA before? If not, I would suggest as a friend/fellow blade/GCer to look into it and a documentary called Ecstasy Rising. It might just help you out. It has for me. :)

17. thats a pretty rough go of it. Its hard to keep your spirits high when shit just doesnt seem to want to go your way at all, no matter how hard you try.

the only thing you can do is keep on going and remember

things will get better

stay up bro

18. #18 KracKerjacK, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
    well of course i know its about your life

you talk about louis goin to jail, and then

"Pretty soon they figured out i wasn't nuts tho, and back into general population i went.

your a good writer man, i actually enjoyed reading it, although it really sucks that your life is like that

i feel the same way, like i'll never get anywhere in life. and i also have alot of trouble getting girlfriends, i dont even try. the 5 girlfriends i have had have all just sort of happened, its not like i did anything to hookup with them, things just kinda worked out.

i wanted the story to keep going, but it just ended with you swallowin the sleeping/codeine pills, kind of a sudden ending, but an excellently written story none the less

19. Your a strong man louis if youve already been through that your life will surely get better for you it has to.

20. good story but one thing that kinda thru me off is you said acid and LSD but they are the same thing...