A true stoner ?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Legal_Evil, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hows it going, I wanted to consult the forum on a few problems i encountered over the weekend. Its nothing too major but i thought i would bring it to the attn of the masses instead of just sitting here thinking about it by my self.

The other day, Saturday i believe i was hanging out with my roommate, we smoked on and off for a year or so, we both have our own collection of bongs and pipes and to me i though we were both pretty big potheads. I never liked the term "stoned" or "stoner" it just felt weird.

After sitting around smoking bowl after bowl, watching movies and just chilling I ask my him what kind of munchies should we order, Pizza ? Chinese food ? you pick i pay.

Background:

I get paid every two weeks, as do he, but our pay days are not on the same day. That way he gets paid one week and i get paid the other, basically every weekend we got money to buy weed and chill. So the weekend it was my paid week and after i put the 400 away for rent and bills i had money for weed and whatever, i got his back this weekend, he got my back next weekend. Pretty good plan i think lol.

So i grab just under a half OZ, i figured smoke a lot on the weekend and little bowls during the week, Which i am fine with because he grabs almost a full oz when he gets paid so i mean it works out, he knows i am not tight with money.

Anyways back to the story.

So as i am getting my wallet and the phone off the charger, i walk back into the room and all i say is "Munchies ?" and he looks at me and scoffs, i ask him "oh what now your too good for munchies man ? hurry and pick something". He looks at me as if i just killed his dog, "you said munchies" he replied all sophisticated like. Me i am thinking oh he is just being stupid high and laugh. WRONG! i walked into a fully loaded shotgun, he looks at me and just goes on about how the media got the stoner image all wrong, they are thinking like back in the 60's, all the hippy stoners and what not, lazy people who don't do nothing, type of people, we've gotta change the outlook of us. The only way we can do that is if we stop acting high, finding things funny when there not and saying stupid lingo, trust me man its going to work.

He continues on for like 10 minutes, i started to listen for a bit but i mean, i was pretty faded, I really thought he was just fucking around with me so i laughed, like i mean hard, he got offended and started talking about him being a true stoner and what not, so i ask him, so your not hungry ? and he replied no, i am not its just a stoner stereotype to get hungry after you smoke, By now buzz kill McGee over here has gotten me sober, like i mean it felt like i didn't smoke at all kinda thing, no little buzz nothing.

So i asked him if being a true stoner was all that great then why smoke weed if you can't act high, when you are high, its just a waste of time really, because being a true stoner or not you (as in him) don't leave the couch when your even a little bit high, so i mean how can you label and rate potheads on the way they smoke weed and live their lives when you yourself have a life changing experience every time you smoke ? your obviously not taking your own advice because the way you put it if people who smoke are too good to be high, whats the point in smoking when the whole point of smoking is too get high ?
    i went on to say, What so bad about what the media says about us, if they were lying then i could see you getting offended, we do smoke weed, we do eat a lot of food and we do-do nothing all of the time, if you get offended because i say stupid lingo like "munchies" or "dank" then maybe you should stop smoking weed.

I am just confused because he never had a problem smoking weed before, i don't think we have a problem now or anything but the way he was going on it was like he was a hypocrite, saying smoking weed is bad but its OK if your a true stoner ?

I just think its pretty messed up to be talking like that and it wasn't his pay week, it threw me off, but sunday we woke up smoked a few and just chilled, no wild-crazy talk just hang out just like it didnt happen. I know he doesn't think he is too good to act high, i really dont think he thinks of him self like that and I dont hold it agensit him but i mean it was a crazy experience. i mean it made sense what he was saying but i dont understand the why he would be saying it part, or why he would care what the media or whoever says about him.

Are there people out there that are a "true" stoner? is the term legit?

Thanks for reading,
    i started writing it down as a blog entry
    but i think i need some feed back.

Legal Evil.

2. This is all my opinion.Thats some goofy stuff! As a true stoner you should love your couch and munchies and have at least 2,000 posts...just kidding about the posts :D But as a responsible stoner you can perform all your daily activities stoned, just a lot slower. Im sure you can teach yourself to not be lazy while stoned just go on a walk or something whenever your stoned instead of being a veggi. I kinda taught myself but every now and then i'm a little too high...lol

3. But personally I don't lable anyone a TRUE stoner unless i'm high and/or feel it's necessary

4. wow i read the whole thing and im confused. im very baked right now but all i got out of that was yall were just chillin and then he suddenly became offended by you saying the word munchies?

5. lol i think ur friend is just being stupid

and as for the defonition of a stoner vs pot head i always thing that someone who is a pot head gets high and does nothing while a stoner gets high and gets shit done...

6. Wow.... Sounds as if your friend didnt have much of an argument against you and tried to make something up to say back to you.

7. tell your friend he's a being a douche

8. a "true" stoner is just someone who smokes weed and lives their own life. There aren't any rules or guidelines to follow. As long as you don't get caught all the time, and smoke a good amount of de ganja, you're a stoner. That's it.

9. Theres no such thing as a "true stoner"
    I mean honestly, everybody smokes weed and everybody is different.

Just cuz we smoke the same herb doesnt make us all automatically the same type of person

10. a true stoner smokes to get high, not to act "cool" or like a badass, or like they're special. it changes how you feel by making you feel high, then you act on how you feel. if something good happens, you act positively. if something negative happens, you act negatively. thats how everything is. hiding it is pretty much attracting a negative stereotype. the stereotype that stoners are criminals that need to hide. that adds to the stereotype of the lazy, stupid stoner and just makes it stronger. so really, even in his views, he is not a true stoner. however, you sound like one. i know i am, and i bet about 99% of the people here are.

11. I have a friend that argues against leagalization of weed.. He lives in Cali and has a med card but argues it shouldnt be legalized. He confuses me greatly. His arguement is that if its legalized its not regulated, which is basically opposite b/c it would be taxed. I dont argue w/ him about it tho..

Good story though, your friend was trippin for sure!

12. i think as long as your not dependent on herb and you dont act like a moron high and/or sober, then toke all you want.

as for "true stoner" the only people i can think of at the moment would be bob marley and tommy chong

13. man your friend was just way to fucking high lol. i get stupid ideas in my head everyonce and a while that i go off on too.

14. i agree with the people saying a pothead just gets high and is lazy and likes to tell everyone he's high and that he smokes all the time. a stoner just smokes because he likes to and can go about his day fine while he's high. personally, i get a little offended when people call me a pothead because it's not all i do. i do have a life other than smoking, though i do enjoy it very much :D:smoke:

15. i couldn't make sense of your post.. :/

i'll try again later. peace:smoking:

16. I didn't read all of it, I got pissed after the first part....WEED MAKES YOU FUCKING HUNGRY. Its not a stereotype, it stimulates hunger chemically...ugh you should tell him he's a fucking idiot, I hate when people get all pompous then are completely wrong.

17. Honestly man, there are times where I want to just sit on my ass and do nothing after smoking a few bowls. Then there are other times where I just want to get out and do something. Everyone is different in what they want to do, and how they act when smoking.

As for the munchies though, honestly for the longest time when I really started smoking alot, I never got the munchies. Then one day, something hit me and I started getting them every time I smoked after that one day. As much as I love stuffing my face, I spend so much god damn money on munchies. I wish I could go back to not getting the munchies.

18. Are you serious kiddo? Your like basically talking about nothing in your post. Shit like that happens all the time lol you must be one REALLY high lil drama queen right now.

19. I kno what ur friend means, there is negative media about weed...but really no one gives a fuck about it. most the world smokes weed, and who cares what people think about you smoking.

like the other guy said he's being a bit stupid, i mean weed does make you hungry. its not a sterotype it happens lol.

he was probably just very high and vented the random thoughts in his head:smoke:

20. I never brought it back up, truth is i forgot about it, but re-reading it got me thinking, i don't think it was a matter of "stoner" vs "pothead" i think he was "trying" to say is that you wouldn't be able to pick out a true stoner, i think he was trying to be too deep but lost his shit, like if we changed the way people who smoke bud look and act, and i guess not make it so obvious then the media wouldn't have any problems???...... Fuck it, since i never asked him about it, i guess we will never know whats going on up there lol.