A Tribute to Some Lost Pieces

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Tikwid, Sep 16, 2009.

1. OK, so I was going through some old pictures on my computer today and I found a lot of pictures of old pieces of mine that I have either broken or lost. :(

Anyway, I started feeling nostalgic so I thought I'd upload some pics of different pieces and fun toking times I've had over the last couple of years.

Keep in mind that these pictures don't represent nearly my entire collection over the years. I'm notorious for breaking glass, and sadly nearly every one of my pieces over the years has been broken.

I'll start with my favourite piece I ever had. I got this bong the day I moved to Montreal with my girlfriend. It hit like an absolute champ and had ice catchers and a triple perc. Sadly I only had this baby for 10 days until I broke it while cleaning it. Luckily I did manage to snag some photographic and video evidence. My girlfriend is a photographer so any pictures that look especially pro are hers. The blond guy is my friend and I'm the skinny dude in the Sonic Youth shirt. Please excuse my stupid expression, the video was taken shortly after christening my bong for the first time. I was running on no sleep, just got off the plane and was quite baked from some nice Jack Herer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZtS4gAVlpo]YouTube - DSC 0808 NEW[/ame]

This next pipe replaced the first bong when I broke it. I only dished out $60 for this so it was a pretty good deal. It was nice and big, glass on glass and had a huge bowl. Unfortunately this bong also met an untiemly end, this time at the hands of my girlfriend.

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86FDqxBg5Hs]YouTube - DSCN0011[/ame]

This is my old bubbler, which I dearly loved. I can't remember exactly how I broke it, but I'm sure I was having a good time. Also pictured is a really large dry piece that I used to have. The bowl was ginormous, though you can't really tell with the image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next pipe featured was my third bowl ever I think... It lasted me an insanely long time but was unfortunately broken one day by my best friend when I loaned it to him. No bad blood, though, we always destroy each other's shit. The pictures of it with all the pre-rolled joints were taken about 20 minutes before me and my friends went to the Queens of the Stone Age show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are some miscellaneous pieces that I fondly remember. They're all broken now except the vaporizer. I'm thinking about upgrading to a Volcano in a few weeks when I get a bit more saved up.

This little hookah was the first hookah I ever had and was give to me by my girlfriend about a year and a bit ago. It lit up with multicoloured lights and I spent many hours enjoying shisha and herb from it. I was always really thankful for this gift because smoking the hookah around the house sort of opened my parents mind to me smoking and begun the process of them tolerating my ganja usage around the house. Without the hookah there would have been no precedent for smoking around my house.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately my hookah was destroyed in a drunken mishap, though I did manage a ghetto repair job with a rum bottle and duct tape that worked surprisingly well until I got my next hookah:

[​IMG]

This next one was bought for me by my mom when she took a trip to New York. I always really like this hookah because it was a bit taller, came with two hoses, was a bit classier looking and came with an awesome carrying case. Unfortunately this one was also wrecked when my cleaning lady knocked it off my windowsill.

[​IMG]

the vape:
    [​IMG]

and last but not least, the bong I'm currently smoking out of! My girlfriend and I got thi sone when we broke the Boost bong featured above.

In all honesty, I don't like this bong. it's tall, has a huge bowl, ice catchers and hits hard, but for me to really enjoy a bong I gotta be able to see the milk. Also I think the Che image is a bit kitschy, but whatever. The reason we picked it out was because they told us at the head shop that it was the most durable/strong bong they had and it's true. The thing is thick as fuck and I can't really imagine it breaking just by being knocked over. I can't wait to get paid though, so I can get new glass.

[​IMG]

By the way, I just took the preceding picture and that bowl has still not been smoked. If you've made it this far, thanks a lot and I'm gonna toke this bowl in your honour and then post. I have no idea if my attempt at embedding the videos worked. If they didn't, can someone tell me how to fix them.

Oh, and this is what I'm smoking :smoke::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. -lights a candle and a joint- im sorry for your losses

3. Thank you sir, I appreciate it.

I wish I could smoke a bowl in honour of each piece I've lost, but then I'd be too whacked to go to work :smoke: