A tough decision

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaranas, May 24, 2010.

1. Hello fellow blades,
    perhaps you guys can help me through this odd situation I'm in. A few of my once close friends have been telling me I've changed within the last 2-3 years. I believe that I matured pass the stages of teenage stupidity, and can no longer relate to what these friends do. All they do is go to clubs and get drunk as shit. I thought that was fun back when I was 17. Perhaps I will find it fun again in a couple years when I am 21. I told one of the friends that I just didn't want to follow through with the stereotypical European that goes to clubs, wears A/X, and gets shit faced all the time. They are telling me that I've changed because of the weed and they told me I should stop. I smoke no more than 3 times a week, so I don't know what to do. ( I guess I also took this as an opportunity to rant on about what's on my mind)
    And advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. I'm kind of going through the same sort of thing right now, actually. All my friends drink a lot and go out to bars, and I would usually go with them. Now I just don't want to, because I realize that it's a fucking gigantic waste of my time and money.

There comes a point in people's lives where they just realize that they've grown out of all that shit. If you doubt me, go out with them on a friday. Get absolutely shitfaced, then wake up in the morning and tell me which you prefer. I did that a few weeks ago, and I realized that I would much, MUCH rather get high than go out and do that teenage shit. My friends aren't really THAT into it though, so it hasn't really been an issue.

3. dude i made a thread about the very same thing, what a coinkidink...

But yea man sometimes change is for the better, dont feel bad if your friends cant accept what you do..

I feel like I'm giving advice to myself!

4. Well whats there to say. You're friends with people that enjoy something you're not enjoying anymore. Routine is what destroys us. It's always good to change things up. It's your life man.

Is that the only activity you're doing with your friends? Going to bars and clubs is good and all but damn, once its a routine it starts getting old. Like everything else. Dumb of them to tell you to change though.

5. My friend who used to smoke now gets panic attacks wicked bad. After being a chronic user for a while he cant even take a toke without a val., Zanax, Oxy to relieve his mind. But anyways after he quit it kinda sucked cause we used to just get high all the time but actually it has made us even better friends. Because now we have more than just a common goal of getting high. Movies, Video games just find something you guys can all do together besides getting shit faced.

6. yes I also agree, when you start smoking weed, somewhere along the line you realize that alcohol is a waste of time and money. Its a change for the better man, welcome to the marijuana cult!