a total newb

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lonefort, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for over 30 years but have never tried growing until now. I have a partner who I hope to learn from and then hopefully I can do it on my own. I have a lot of questions and have been doing a lot of reading. This time around we are using my partners equipment except he has only a 400 watt bulb so I am buying a 1000 watt system. We bought 15 seeds from Nirvana and are just waiting for them to arrive. I was thinking about buying a grow tent and was wondering what everyone thought. I was looking at one that is 4X4X6'7". My questions is are we ok with the 400 and 1000 watt for 15 plants, and will the 1000 watt be too much for the grow tent. I am really exited and hoping we get these plants to grow.

2. 1000w is a good size for the 4x4 if u can keep the temps optimum you will most likely need a air cooled hood or a air conditioner. And depending on what your growing in (hydro or soil/soiless mix) 15 plants will be optimum/ overkill. I personally run 4 plants (may up to six) in five gallon smart parts with coco substrate.