A thread about ventilation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ggmallow, Jan 24, 2009.

1. #1 ggmallow, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    Recently I have upgraded my grow to a 400w HPS. I put this bulb in my new Secret Jardin DR80 tent which measures 2'8"x2'8"x5'3". To my power my ventilation I have a 6" Vortex 452 CFM inline fan which pulls air threw my my cool tube and then out of the top of tent which then reduces to 4"inches and runs into the wall of my house. The DR80 comes with 2x4" inch inlets in the front side next to the door. Currently when running my flowering room my temps gradually crawl threw out the night, once hitting 90 degrees F, which is to hot. I am very confused about what I am doing wrong here, it seems that I would have plenty of ventilation for this size tent and light.

Please help
    Thanks,
    GGMallow
    PS. No I am just feeling dumb and like i destroyed the wall.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Is the air your pulling thru the cool tube tent air or air from outside the tent?

If its only that one fan you want to pull air from inside the tent, open the flaps at bottom of tent (creating negative pressure- pulling fresh air into tent) if this is what your doing whats the room temp of the air going into tent

or you could run your cooltube air from outside tent and then a second fan with open flaps pulling fresh air into the tent