A thread about Digit.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cos Mic, Jul 16, 2012.

1. My boy Digit has just told me he's thinking of moving to the dam!

idkwtf he is thinking. He has no money, just a ticket, and a dream to follow.

So I thought I best come here and ask around to see if any of his old grasscity friends still remember him. Maybe offer him a couch or a job or just something to prevent him from ending up squatting (which he seems to think is easy and pleasant in Amsterdam), homeless, destitute, dead or whatever.

He does at least have a jobsearch open on the computer here, though we both agree that from the expertise required for those jobs, he's more likely to get work just going from coffeeshop to coffeeshop asking. ... Either that or he'll buy some chalk and start scribbling on the pavement, with his hat upturned for money.

I hope I'm not in error, putting this out there for him, thinking there's some of his old friends here. You've/They've not all moved on have you?

Send him your tips, discouragement, encouragement, warnings, advice, couch/bed offers, job offers, etc.

I dont get on a computer often, so I likely wont be around to check your responces to this, but I'll give Digit access to my account so he can respond (in this thread, or private message) since the stubborn git still hasn't got himself a replacement account here.

Eep, he's coming back from the toilet... Time to post this! Teehee!
    - Cos Mic

2. umm. thnx mic. :/
    not a bad idea.
    (feels weird responding in this thread with you sat right next to me)

Digit here now. yup, it's me, it's true. XD ima b going off to follow the dream (before the "conservatives" close amsterdam, lol).

n since this is the real life stories section, i might as well elaborate a little.

life's been rough for me. got no money, no income, no herb, and not much joy or freedom here. my friends see it, they know this isnt the place for me, n it's wearing me down, so (it had been revealed to me) they had been speaking among themselves about all pitching in and getting me a ticket outta here... n one of them actually went ahead and bought me the ticket as my last birthday present. brought tears to my eyes. :)
    so here i am, many months later, not done much to get sorted for it, but i'll be going anyways. TO AMSTERDAM OR BUST!

any help welcome. including warnings.
    ... but no discouragement please. (shakes comedy anger fist in cos mic's general direction)

ideally, you own a coffee shop, and are offering me a job, rolling joints all day, and by night making artwork to hang on the walls n sell. ^_^ ... or something in my skill range with linux (xpat jobs are making me feel like a linux noob for all the expertise they seek).

anyhoo, thnx for any responces (even if only to tell me all the old blades have gone).

if it's me using this account, so you dont get confused, i'll sign it thus:

~Digit
    (ps, thnx again cos mic, you rare duck, and kindred spirit.)

3. I don't really have much to offer you but I hope it works out. You should keep us posted.

4. I know you have no money to work with, but when you find an income get a bicycle. They are quite popular in the Dam and it has the infrastructure to support it.

Also do you have Dutch citizenship? Cause if not they may kick your ass back to the States unless you can jump through the bureaucratic hoops.

I wonder if that blade Polywog is still around, he actually did it successfully. However he was lucky enough to have Dutch citizenship since birth.

Not trying to discourage you BTW just wanna make sure your prepared and are able to make this successful.

5. i'm a keen cyclist, no dutch citizenship.

that would be hella disturbing if they kicked me out "back" to the states, considering i originally came from within the E.U.
    ;D

i've had a little look through the beaurocratic hoops that may be necessary... i'd rather avoid them as much as possible. bit of a bureau-phobe. i'm sure i'll be able to suss the bare minimum required once i'm there.

thnx for the responces guys. :)

~Digit

6. Lol my bad I just assume that everyone here's from the States, as like 90% of blades are.:D