A Taste of Science About Activated Charcoal

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Beloose420, Mar 17, 2019.

?

And your answer is

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Are you nuts?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No black poop for me!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. #1 Beloose420, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    'Disclaimer - There are plenty of other studies out there saying the same stuff. Never trust a person on the internet. Do your own research! Talk to a doctor! Generally speaking, activated charcoal is safe but for some people, it can cause problems.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0379073811001927

This first article shows where in the body THC-COOH hangs out at. It says that the 'gall bladder fluid exhibited maximum concentrations of all analytes". In other words, THC-COOH is mostly in the bile. If you are going to attack a UA wouldn't be better to attack it where it mostly hangs out at. How can you draw THC-COOH out of the bile? Activated Charcoal.

In another study, I uploaded the PDF, talks about dogs being poisoned by THC. Here are some gems from it, 'THC and its metabolites are excreted in the urine and feces. Enterohepatic recirculation is a prominent feature of marijuana metabolism. Following ingestion, 15% of THC is excreted in the urine and the remainder in feces through biliary excretion', another is, 'activated charcoal may be given to reduce absorption and THC half-life by blocking enterohepatic recirculation'. Yes, yes I know they are talking about dogs but there are enough similarities to show that this should also work on humans. The concept is the same, removing THC-COOH from the system in a speedy manner.

Here is the question I have for the Forum; if we took the recommended daily dose of activated charcoal wouldn't it lower your all over THC-COOH levels making a detox faster than normal?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. professor of pot has an amazing article about this as well. It really works well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you for pointing that out. I went to his website today great site!

• Like Like x 1