A tale of two cities

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Feb 14, 2012.

1. A tale of two cities: Fort Collins bans marijuana dispensaries, Colorado Springs keeps them alive

It's a study in contrasts. Fort Collins is the college town that banned marijuana dispensaries, while Colorado Springs is the conservative city that has kept them alive.

Sometime on Saturday, Steve Ackerman sold his last joint. His Organic Alternatives, a medical marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins, is one of 23 forced to close by today after residents voted to ban dispensaries. "I won't continue in the medical marijuana industry," said Ackerman, who opened his comfortable saloon-like dispensary two years ago. "But I will continue to support it, and I'll continue to help fight for what I think is right. Marijuana should not be prohibited." snipped

It means that the patients in Fort Collins must drive to another city and purchase their medicine,driving up costs and logistic problems or influencing their decision to support the cartels and criminals in their local town.

It is also important that Fort Collins has increased the number of "green market" dealers in their city,,more availability to their children is an important part of their children's indoctrination into the kind of society they believe in. :smoke:

2. That is to bad more empty store fronts.