A tad of my photography.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by derangedtaco, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Let me know what you think, Flickr: derangedtaco's Photostream

Also I'm wondering, where I should continue to publish my photography and graphics work? Is Flickr pro worth it? Deviantart? Other photography communities? Blehh..

Derangedtaco.com, my former domain, used to have a gallery where my work was displayed -- is it best to showcase my photos/graphics on my own website exclusively? I could set that up again, and having full control over the website where my work is displayed is a definite plus, but compared with uploading images to flickr that will be a lot more work..Opinions?

2. Deviant art is worth it, I use flickr to but not the pro edition. You have some nice nature shots here I like em, what kind of camera are you using?

3. Thanks!

I'll probably end up paying for Deviantart then, I suppose there's money to be made from prints anyway.

As for the camera, I hate that piece of junk, haha. Fujifilm A610. Amazon.com: Fujifilm Finepix A610 6.3MP Digital Camera with 3x…

A DSLR or micro 4/3 like a Panasonic Lumix would be nice, I hope to buy one soon.

4. These are really good, im surprised they were all on that cam, they're realy good quality, good selection, keep it up.

5. Hey man, these are amazing!
    My personal favorite artsy photographs are the ones that put emphasis on rays of light passing by trees or other objects, something about it just seems so profound to me

Unrelated:
    There's a small barn in a cow field that collapsed on itself and some plants have grown on it, I'm thinking I'll try to get a picture of it while the sun's coming up, the air is crisp and the grass is frosty this winter (Central Florida, no snow, but we get light ice occasionally)

6. Thank you :D

And that sounds like a great place for photos! Sunrise may very well be the best time for photography. Try a few depth of field shots too, you could focus on a small plant or something growing out of the barn with the sunrise out of focus in the background.

Then again I've never taken a photography class, so I'm not a good person to offer photo advice ha

7. No problem bro, keep taking them!
    I'd +rep you but I have to wait 24 hours lol

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that. I've never taken photography classes either but when my older sister was in high school she did so I'd get to see her pictures every now and then and got an idea of what I like personally.

With the quality of those pictures I would've thought you'd have taken a few classes :)