a strange little outdoor grow...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MNPN, Mar 21, 2010.

1. so Ive decided to ditch my grow cab and try out my first outdoor grow. There's a couple of things I could really use some advice on, just let me know watcha think. Im in the midwest, I dont plan on buying anything I dont already have, just gonna see what happens.

The PLan: Ive got 3 lowryder2 fem x ak47 auto seeds that are the main focus of this grow and 2 mandala #1 seeds that I dont really care about. I know this seems backwards....

Im gonna plant indoors under flourescents, and follow dankozee's seed starting routine to the t because his seedlings are ballin', will probably add a little myco though.

Ive got about 1000 acres of deserted forest and field land plus neighboring land with a creek running through it, and some bluffs. So Im gonna do some serious scouting and prob plant either near the creeks treeline or up on the bluffs (not far from the creek). 2'x'2 holes w/:
    2 pt FFOF
    1 pt native soil ( I might sub this for coco coir if too dense or i cant find good humus)
    1pt perlite
    1pt EWC
    Garden lime

ammended with:
    blood meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, indo bat guano, myco innoculation, at least two teas(one bacterially dominated and the other fungal) maybe l bacilus if i have time ive never tried before.

Gonna germ this weekend and put in holes in 2-3 weeks. chicken wire at first and some mothballs should keep em safe. will top and lst the mandala#1, maybe lst the lowryders if theyre really exploding, I dont think they respond that great to it.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM(S): I live pretty far away from this site, like a couple hours, Im gonna mountain bike around the area as a cover and excuse for the trips, but I still will not be able to get out there but every 10-14 days to water. It rains well in the spring around here so that should help. I will mulch, and Ive heard about silicone crystals but have no idea where to buy them or how much to add.

Also, sad fact, after about 8wks, when the LR's finish in may, I am hardly ever going to be able to check on the mandala's. So Im mostly just gonna let nature do its thing from mid-May to mid-August (the worst possible time, I know:() when I can start coming back regularly. It's not a big deal to me if they die or dont yeild as much due to stress, might not even get a female anyway.

I could really use some advice on how to make the best of these situations, or just any advice in general.

2. Damn u wrote all that for no reason

3. it's gonna be very difficult to mountain bike around with a backpack full of teas... also how do you plan on LSTing a plant thats hours away? seems like a lot of driving to me... regardless, the lowryder would be better served without LST, since it autoflowers... and it'll be done or damn close to done by mid-august most likely... i like your soil mix, but the gameplan seems a bit sketchy to me... i'd just plant near a water source and get some liquid nutes that you can mix up at the site instead of teas... and i'd forget about LST in a guerilla grow hours away... kinda defeats the purpose...

i'm tryna think of a cheap, slow-watering system for while you can't be there, best thing i came up with is some gallon+ containers lined with several layers of coffee filters... you could bury them with the bottom cut out facing upwards and it would slow release water to the soil... so the last time you can be there, you can water, fill em up, and it'll slow drip to the roots... every rain it would collect as well...

but then again if it's too rainy it'll flood the plants... so ya never know... just a thought...

good luck with it