A Strain that wont turn Amber trics?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by KyHomeGrown, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Im sick of this, Im on week 16, dam bagseed, I had five but took the others at weeks 12-13-14, when they had 100% brown hairs. Now I have one left to harvest 16weeks and still counting, not one amber Trich. in the whole thing, Has about 50% brown hairs, so I took a bud to dry and toke to see where this lady is at.

???OK is there such thing as strains that wont change to amber trichs???

Ive heard it all, from, all plants do that to yes some will not go ambers to they will keep its going till they do. But what is true? If i would have left my others for any longer they would have died, dried out and or molded, so I wonder if there are strains that just dont turn amber? Besides that anyone have some seeds they will part with that dont flower for 16 weeks~!

2. Describe your process of checking them. Also, have you scoped other strains with success?

But yeah, 16 weeks is nearing the cap for any Cannabis plant. They were probably ready a good bit ago. Chop that bitch.

I've never grown a strain that won't show something. But, on a lot of strains, you only ever get a hint of it, as opposed to the glowing red trichs on some plants.

3. #3 420 Man, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010

16 weeks isnt nearly the cap for some real haze or thai strains :rolleyes:

If she looks good enough to smoke though give it a go, you deserve it for your patience, im serious.

If seeds are what you need check out the attitude, no doubt

ATTITUDE SEEDBANK Cannabis Seeds

Here if youd let me make a suggestion, say you drop 8 american dollars a seed for a Cinderella99 x White Widow hybrid which has been feminized by very reputable breeders

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/pick-and-mix-female-seeds-x-line-widowrella/prod_1913.html

Its a deal that id die for right now, so cheap.

Heres a description
    and i promise youll get them if you order. :smoking:

4. 16 weeks is in harvest window for most of the long flower Sativas. You may occasionally find a cut that'll go 18 or longer, but I highly doubt he's working with something like that. It's hard enough finding them when you really want them, lol. Besides, with one of those he would probably be seeing some amber trichs by that point anyway, depending on the section of plant, due to how those plants tend to mature.

Heard of some of the Tom Hill Haze phenos going up to 20, if you let her. I would love to get my hands on a pack of those.

Oh, and to the OP, you have any pics, or a smoke report on your other plants? Just out of curiosity.

5. well you all have made me feel better but still I wonder.

I have a 30x lupe, I take the plant down into normal light, and inspect many many different spots on sugar leafs and buds, sacks everything, the plant is still and so I can check very close and see every trichomb, no AMber at all.

Yes these are bag seeds and they more than likely are a outdoor sativa strain that some farmer has used for 30yrs down here, that they have let grow all season and can harvest anytime in the last months of season due to cops all over they can take early or late whatever works with what the cops are doing.

Yes i took some buds, last week and they are dry and cured for 5 days, I took some two days ago too, they have one more day to dry and then into cure for them too. Ill try the last weeks clipping tonight, if its good Im taking her down tonight!

As for seeds Im hard pressed, I have no where to get them delivered other than where my set up is, a big no no and Im scared to death to do it anyhow. I know I can buy with a prepaid card that helps, but the whole delivery here deal, Um Im not sure! With that said Im stuck and that sucks! I want to so bad, and I have almost done it a few times but then i read where someone got a letter saying they were seized, great Im scared again. Its hard when you have made it half your life with no interactions with the cops over pot and I fear this kinda thing you know!

thanks guys

6. That sucks man. Ask around your dealers or something, if you're cool with some of them, then they might be able to get you a clone of something. But then, you've still breached security, by letting them know you're growing.

No family you can trust? Even if they're out of state from you, domestic packages don't get examined, as far as I know. You could have them ship them to you.

7. I have a buddy that has his green card and he orders the seeds for me. Well, I order and pay with a prepaid card, and get them delivered to him for a nominal charge of 1 seed.

8. Seedbanks arent gonna bust you, and neither is customs

your not the one ordering 1500 seeds at once now are you?
    :p

youll be fine if you did, swear

9. If it's a sativa, wouldn't the full effects of the "head high" be established w/100% cloudy trichs? therefore, making it a good time to chop it down. what do ya'll think?

10. I flowered mine for 80+ days never saw one amber trichome, mostly cloudy/clear. Finally just had to harvest it and it was some of the best smoke I've had...