A stoner's guide to quitting nicotine

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Freedom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Chantix is being taken off the market soon, if it hasnt already. Indeed the side effects are not good.
    http://www.uslaw.com/lawsuits/?itemid=5

2. It effects people differently but it's worth the try.

I had zero side effects. The big thing for me was eating a FULL MEAL before taking it, not just having a little something in my stomach. As for the dreams, those can go both ways. They can be very twisted and negative Ooooor,...they can be intensely awesome (this is how it was for my buddy) Me though, no dreams, no nausea, no thoughts of suicide. I've always been very stable and I've noticed that the few people I know who had issues,...well, not so stable.

If you are on an MAOI inhibitor, DO NOT TAKE THIS!! But there's a screaming sign to begin with, most of those inhibitors are for head issues to begin with.

It's like mushrooms. You don't give them to the person who is always dramatised, even when there is no drama present,lol. The sure recipe for a bad trip. Don't give shrooms to the paranoid kid!!!

3. Awesome nugz.

Big bonus too is that RI has huge cig taxes $8 pack. Over a month, that's a car payment

4. I agree 100%. :)

I don't want to be told how to live my life, so I don't do it to anyone else. Choice is a basic human right. Besides which, you can't tell a smoker to quit and expect it to work. :rolleyes::laughing:

5. Congrats man! :hello:That's awesome! I used to be an athlete as well, swimming was my thing, can't believe I smoked throughout that career! Needless to say I find exercise a gazillion times easier now. :D

I have never allowed myself 'just one cigarette', I know it ould never stop there and I have always bourne in mind that there's no such thing as just one. I can enjoy the smell of someone else's cig now though...it's like a treat! :p

6. Amen to that! Anyone can do this, you just gotta realize it. :) Thanks for looking man and WELL DONE! Stay strong. :)

7. hey freedom props on the guide it was very helpful.. Smoker quitting for first time and I am on day two! No cigs yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Yes - you can do it! Went in a year from 1-2 pks a day to 12 cigs - then quit w/Chantix and a load of sugar free candy. Still get triggers, but don't want to have to go through this again.

I have been quit for 8 Months, 3 Days, 23 hours, 33 minutes and 12 seconds (246 days). I have saved $682.28 by not smoking 3,210 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 4 Days, 3 hours and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/24/2009 10:11 AM

More cash for the fun stuff! More energy to enjoy it!

Keep on quitting - second by second if need be.

Organically yours! :D

shebug

9. Hey! :hello::wave: Well done you. You're over the hardest part already. Hope you're still going strong. :D

10. freedom, you may have saved a couple lives.
    you just did mine.
    i've been trying to find ways to quit for so long...just somthing for that extra help. this was it.
    write a book, i'll buy.. :wave:tyyyy

11. Wow! Thanks! :D My hope is that if saves just one person from nicotine's clutches, then it's been worth it. :)

There'll never be a book. Firstly, this is kinda a guide for mj smoking quitters so I shouldn't think publishers would jump at the opportunity :p and secondly, cashing in from it would put me in the same league as drug's companies which imho, are the scum of the earth.

GC has offered me a wealth of knowledge, it's very cool if I can give some back.

Thanks again for the kind words, I'm glad it helped you. :wave::)

12. I would recommend switching to an organic brand such as American spirit. I would go as far as to say its a completely different drug as compared to commercial cigarettes. The only addictive part of it is the nicotine when most regular cigarettes have thousands of chemicals added to make you more addicted. I noticed a huge difference after switching

13. ^^^ but not a very good way to quit nicotine, which is the purpose of this thread. :rolleyes::)

14. You've got me there :) great guide btw

15. IMO, it just takes some willpower which maryjane can assist you with. just ask her and break those fucking white tubes! your commitment is to your secret girlfriend mary. get over the tina lady! save yourself man!

16. Great guide =)

I beleive I am going to try this soon. I will keep updates in my blog most likely

17. Congratz to you. I understand completely your love affair because I was having a affair with the same gal for 25 years. One day when someone asked me how many years I have smoked, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like a idiot, (I'm not saying I'm not a idiot, juz nevar felt like such a big one as I did when my answer was 25 years.) Unlike you I tried quitting so many times that I quit quitting. Well to make a long story short, I crawled out from under that ton of bricks, brushed myself off and threw away my cigs. The Wifey (notice the Capitol W. hehe) picked up some patches cuz she knew I wasn't a good quitter. and I put one on. The next day I took it off and never put another one on because my mind took over again, but this time my mind was set on quitting. So once again Congratz on quitting. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

18. So thanks to this guide kinda pushing my brain to acutally want to quit smoking. I officially quit smoking yesterday, My last cigarette was on Monday. And this sucks so much, the cravings aren't really that bad it's just I've been holed up in my house for the last two days cause I know if I leave I may break and buy a pack, which I don't want to do. This just sucks. The other crappy part is when I go back to work on Friday I'm worried I might crack there, cause right where I work (I work outside, on a car lot) all the salesmen come there for smoke breaks, and I've always been more of a social smoker, so seeing them smoke always made me smoke, and now I can't well I don't want to do that. I dunno I guess I needed to get this off my mind.

Great guide though free, I may print a copy out and bring it to my work. I know a couple guys there that would benefit from it.

19. Good luck to you man. :) Let us know how you get on.

And to you dude. Well done for keeping on keeping on. :smoke:

Well done you! Hardest part out the way already! :D:hello: Don't let your brain/addiction tell you that there are situations coming up that you won't be able to handle, of course you will. Take each set of circumstances as it comes, see each one as a challenge that you have every intention of conquering.
    You rule man and you're about to reclaim your life.
    Carry some lollies around with you and when your colleagues light up, have a lolly instead. Way cooler imho. :metal: ;)
    Shout if you need help/suppport. :)

Best of luck to you man.

20. great tread Freedom ...I will try to get it all read in the next day..or days you got some great girls in those pics....:wave: