A stoner's guide to quitting nicotine

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Freedom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. :/ I know what you mean. It's tuff, but of you set your mind to it you can do it! I promise you! You can talk to me about it whenever you want of you need to! I'm on every day at some point.

2. Well, today was my official quit day. Need to stop because I know it's unattractive to most of the ladies, and I'm sick of being called out on smelling like cig. Coming off from 5-8 cigs a day for the past year and now I'm going cold turkey.

Haven't really wanted one at all today until now...it's tough.

3. Awesome thread/guide!!! Ive been thinking about quitting for 10+ years now... im thinking its time...sometime this year ;)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hey guys what's your opinion on roasted tobacco in joints, when you roast it its supposed to get all of the nicotine and cancerous stuff out I've quit smoking cigs now however I still like Bach in my joints so I think roasted Baccy is the way to go

5. Checking in at my five month mark! I'm feeling good, feels like I've been quit for years. Had a craving pretty bad the other week while I was standing on the side if the road looking at my totaled Jeep that I've had for ten years. But even that didn't break me!

One more month of money jar and then I'm going to forget I'm a quiter and go on about my life!

Joints are better with nothing but weed.  Purest weed.

Trust me.

7. I am an avid bud user who was also able to quit nicotine, which the system exposed me to heavily, and all I can say to anyone who ever wants to quit is that you must realize how important your life is; First to yourself, and Then to your loved ones and others around you. However your mind set is or what ever you are thinking does not change the fact that if you are a continual tobacco user "especially cigs" you will develop health complications that will take your life out of your own hands.

The buzz is temporary as fuck.... and your being tricked by some ****ed up man made s*** that is masking marijuana use that could actually be beneficial.

This is my best advice for quitting... so tell yourself this if you are one of those kind of people.

I want to live healthy... and I want to be alive for my full life; to bury my parents, marry my spouse, put my kids through college, ect.
    Nothing is worth compromising my life... Not even a few extra BetaEndorphins.. 

Live Healthy my friends.

8. I have been seriously going back and forth in my head about quitting cigs now for several months. Reading this has really galvanized me to make an honest attempt. Thank you for the inspiration Freedom.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. One month nicotine free! Suckamyballs smigarets! ! ! !
    [​IMG]

10. #810 Weedity, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    I quit about 3-4 weeks ago after using Smoke Free non-nicotine cocoa-bean cigarettes to help me quit! I smoked them for a week to let the nicotine levels in my body drop, then stopped smoking cold turkey. I feel great! No regrets! So much anxiety/stress is gone now, it's unbelievable.  :hello: 

All it takes is:
    1) Motivation. You WANT to quit, you DON'T want to smoke, you AREN'T a slave anymore.
    2) Determination. You DON'T want that cigarette. You DO feel good without it. You WANT change.
    3) Knowledge. Look up benefits of quitting, health risks of cigarettes, the unattractiveness from smoking. Think and look these up especially while feining.
    4) Hobbies. Find things you like to do besides smoking cigarettes.
    5) Know that even one, yes one, cigarette can screw the whole process up. Relapse even. A year ago I quit for a whole month, smoked one black and mild, and next thing you know I was buying cigarettes again. Once you quit, never pull a tobacco product again. NEVER.

Don't ever give up. Nicotine is a little demon living inside you, it breaths nicotine. You wan't that demon to die? Suffocate it, don't allow that demon to breath anymore nicotine. Surely it shall die. 

11. I had been on cigs for 6 years, starting from highschool . I just quit buying recently. I went from November 2012 to may without buying them. When I returned home from school I started smoking again, the influence being around others who smoked at work. I realize I only bum cigarettes or think about smoking them when around people who do. After reading your timeline of the body changes after quitting that has motivated me to stop altogether again to have some sort of tracking progress to look forward to. Thank you

12. #812 Old School Smoker, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    I detoxed for 3 months. Had nervous breakdowns. It was through that detox and withdrawl that made me HATE nicotine and tobacco. I smoked a pack of marlboro red a day for 30 years. I've been quit for over 9 years now.

13. really inspiring, if this man can quit smoking. I can do anything I put my mind to.

14. I quit smoking tobacco 5 years ago. I smoked a pack a day for 8 years. One day I decided to quit and never had any withdrawal symptoms nor any craving for a cig whatsoever. I still don't understand how this is possible, the day after I quit I was talking with friends and colleagues standing next to me and smoking as chimneys but never had the slightest difficulty stopping. I slept as a baby, was not particulary nervous or anything. It's true that I smoked a lot of bud at that time ( I still do :) )

It's not my intention to boast or anything but if someone over here can give a decent explanation about how it is possible for different people to react in such a different way regarding addiction you have my full attention.

15. i quit a little over a month and a half ago and i love it. i feel like i have much more energy, and a better sense of smell. i have no hate towards smokers tho, u do u and be happy

16. Woke up this morning with no intention of quitting. Went on a walk to the lake. About to light one up when I decided to roll that fucking shit out into lake. Stoge by stoge, a reason for each one. Sister, mom, my health, my appearance, my discipline, my drive to stop procrastination, and dumping my lucky went to my grandma who died of lung cancer from smoking.

None of that "This is my last one." I just fucking did it.

And it feels damn good. The next few months will be rough, but that moment is the one I'll look back on. I'm telling my parents I smoke bud tonight. This is a big day in my life's history.

17. @[member="passthejayy"]

That's awesome, congratulations!! :love:
    -

I smoked half a pack a day for 6 years, and then decided enough was enough and that I would quit that night.So I walked into the rain, got the flu, and then by the time I could breathe well enough to smoke tobacco again the cravings had passed.
    It was an unconventional method to use, and I I think it was because I was just too much of a pussy to beat the addiction by will-power alone. :(

Which means, if I can quit, you can quit! :lol:

18. Not sure if its been said or not, but its a lot more than just nicotine youre addicted to. Tons of other chemicals in cigarettes.

19. Good thread!

Tobacco (nicotine) makes the weeding sensaion worse in my opinion.
    I began using tobacco to mix it with, as so many others, but quit after about a year and has never looked back. What a nice change it took in the high.

20. Quit smoking about 15 days ago. Don't miss it at all. Now I just stick to the bud. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app