A single seed in medical grade

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dmike, Jul 2, 2013.

1. So yeah, the other day I was crushing up some sour diesel.  Stuff is always top shelf and frosty.  However, on one lone bud there was one lone seed.

I'm guessing that just maybe it went hermie that self pollinated but was cut down before the damage was done.  Any ideas?  The buds are just too good to be around male plants so there has got to be some other explanation.

2. I never knew why a plant could have very few seeds yet female. Weird

3. It means the weed is contaminated send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Go back to that dispensary and demand a refund, as well as compensation for the inconvenience.

5. LOL, i'd like to see a vid of that lol

"I want to talk to the manager dammit there was a seed in my bud!!"

6. Little pollen floated thru the air and a pistil grabbed some, she hermied a tiny bit and gave herself a seed or two, etc

I found a bag seed in my Headband and planted it, turned out female and on the 7th or 8th node she's already throwing 7-8" long leaves

never know what you're gonna get!

7. Hey, nice bonus!  Think I'll plant this one and see what happens.

8. Get out of here, they have that kind of quality control?

Or was that a facetious comment?

Well, kind of both.

It's facetious in the way that one would probably never do that, and rare enough to find seeds in weed around here that most people would never have to complain in the first place...
    There is no schwag here, all medical grade or higher.

10. If you keep a plant virgin too long, she will usually hermie. It's a survival trait. Over the decades, plants that hermie at the drop of a hat, have been eliminated from the gene pool. Now we are left with mostly "pure females" who need chemical help to hermie and produce feminized seeds, and those that hermie as "old maids"- which is likely what you have since there was only the one seed!

However, I have 2 Malawi crosses growing that were the result of "Doobie Duck" pollinating a bud on some other plant in his greenhouse! A tiny bit of pollen floated over to his virgin Malawis and there were a couple of seeds here and there! I was a judge at an event we attended and I ended up with 3 seeds in a couple grams, much to my delight! One didn't make it, but the other two are doing fine!

There is a better than average chance that your seed will be a female! Just plant the seed and enjoy! :yay:

Granny

Wow great information, thanks so much!

Very facetious :laughing:

13. Damn! Granny is a guru

14. Its called "rodelization" most of the time after the end of harvest when you let the plant go 2+ more weeks. A female plant creates pollen sacs and ends up pollinating itself. Im pretty sure that when a female pollinates another female than feminized seeds are created. Same idea with that Tiresas mist stuff or colloidal silver.

15. #15 ckycampmember, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/rodelization-somas-way-female-seeds