A single Rose or a dozen Roses for Valentines Day?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 420lonelystoner, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Is twelve roses too many? or is a single rose not enough? Which one is more romantic, or holds more symbolism?
    Ladies, I would feel it is safe to assume you would rather receive a dozen roses, but how do you feel about this?

2. #2 GimmieMore, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  3. I like the idea of one rose. I find it more romantic. Not sure why.

4. Really? I find this really surprising. Everybody I've asked in person has said a dozen. But I'll ask a few more friends for some more opinions. Can I have some more consensus as to to why or why not I should or should not get this girl a dozen roses? Or a single rose?
    lol, thankss, goin to pick her up from work now:D

5. How old is she? How long have you been together? What is your relationship like, are you married?

I think a dozen roses is more suited for a 10 year anniversary or something similar. As for Valentines, one rose seems more appropriate and just nicer. I also think the type of flower is important. Like a bouquet is nice but I wouldn't get a bunch of roses and I wouldn't get a single flower either. I think a long stemmed single rose is romantic and plain sexy and thoughtful. A dozen is just over the top, expensive and unnecessary.

Yeah..just my opinion. I'm quite surprised other girls would prefer a dozen roses for Valentines to be honest.

6. It really doesn't matter what you get, if you just get the one rose, but plan something really romantic I doubt your girl will mind.

7. Were not dating yet, but I asked her on a date about a week ago, and we've since cuddled and kissed, and im hoping she doesnt work on valentines day so i can take her out then. I really like her and she keeps posting on facebook how shes always wanted flowers, so i kinda figured i should get her a dozen.

8. A long stemmed rose would be so nice. Esp so early in the relationship..it is just weird getting a dozen. If you want to get a dozen, don't go with roses..go with a nice looking bouquet.

9. shes 21, forgot you asked that by the way. I still think she would just flip for a dozen roses though, and moneys not really the problem hear, i lent out my ps3 and black ops for three weeks to my friend to borrow a hundred and fifty dollars, so i kinda wanna go all out if you know where im coming from. shes a real cool chick and i dont know, her facebook posts say flowers, not flower, so thats why im leaning so toward the dozen roses. Let me hear your feedback though, I'm totally open to suggestion, I just want your opinion to kinda cater to my situation, ya dig?
    lol, im really high, so i dont know if that makes sense, but yea...lol

10. get her zero and be like "betch! YOU get ME some fuckin roses slut!"

11. 21..pretty young. I still say long stemmed rose lol. You could also write her a letter. My boyfriend writes me letters, fkn awesome. Oh wait, don't write a letter..it is way too soon in the relationship for that lol. Since you want to go all out, you could spend the money on something else like a romantic dinner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Either way, they both look nice but a single rose is a simple but meaningful gesture. Perhaps before Valentines you could get her some flowers..for her to get excited about your valentines date.

[​IMG]

Flowers are so pretty but they are also so useless lol. I like getting gifts that have meaning and something I can keep. It is why I love letters from my boyfriend. It is the best gift. He is an amazing writer. Soz this isn't about him..getting sidetracked.

12. 1 Red rose, 1 White rose. :wave:

13. A single rose, without question. A dozen is too much for both Valentine's Day and a second date. A dozen is for anniversaries. If you want to go all out, get her the rose and something else, like dinner at a nice place or concert tickets, but don't buy her anything expensive that's personal. Too soon for that.

14. Yeah, it does sound a little soon for a dozen roses.

I think one rose would come off as sweet and thoughtful, but I'd worry that a dozen roses when you're not even dating yet might come off a little creeper-like. :p

I'd say one rose and maybe get her a box of chocolates or take her out to dinner or something. Can't go wrong with food. ;)

15. Not to mention, once you set the bar, it's hard to go backwards from there. You'll be stuck buying a dozen roses from now on. I'm just sayin'...:D

16. Considering the price of a dozen roses is 59.99$ because of Valentine's Day (normally 19.99$), I'm only going to get a single rose.

17. Six (needs more characters to post message)