A sign

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HighGrowMan, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Has anybody here seen a sign that they thought to be supernatural?

About a month ago I was driving home from a job site, when along the highway I saw a deer with full size antlers lying on the side of the road, and a bald eagle perched on top of it.

Now some of you will say will say, yeah that's pretty cool but how is that a sign.
    After seeing this on the side of the road, I went to my boss and let him know that I feel as though my tallents are going unused, and that there were other areas (other than plumbing for $2 more than minimum wage) where I could help with. I told them i have experiance in customer service managment, and can usually handle problems very well and that i have a degree in technology, and that the wage that they pay me only covers my student loans

My one boss, who was in charge of 'organizing people' and 'making decisions', because the other guy couldn't make decisions (apparently) let me know that they didn't require any problem solving or customer service from me. But even as he told me this the other boss made arrangments and had me come in when another office worker was away, because he had some projects that he could use help with. When I got their the boss who told me that they didn't require any thing from me other than plumbing told me that, my other boss was an idiot, and didn't know how to run anything, and that I shouldn't be in the office.

I kinda just let it run off my back. But then the wife of the other boss, was standing right there, (because she is the receptionist) heard what he said about her husband, so she came to me and started ripping him a new one, and I was just like please don't bring this to me. I don't want to get into talking about people behind their back. So she dropped it.

But then not two weeks latter, as I was about to go home after work, (I was on the job site, not in the office) the boss who said that I shouldn't be in the office, ever, came up to me and told me that they wouldn't require my services any longer, and that I was terminated effective immediately.

I could hardly believe what he was saying, I had a bit of a discussion with why he believed that I couldn't hack it their. And told him basically that he was dilusional, and that I was willing to do what it takes to make things work. But he didn't care, he wanted me gone and fast.

So after this, I called up the owner of the place that I was working, he is a life long friend of my family, he lives 5 doors down, and I went to school with his oldest... I called him uncle as I grew up. The owner also happens to be one of the elders in the church that I was brought up in (my dad is also an elder in that church).

I let the owner know that there was no cause for my firing, I was trying to help, but to my dismay he didn't seem to pay attention. He was concerned about how I was sewing discord among the people I work with. I told him to talk to them; I had never said anything bad, and had often stood up and said something to make my co-workers not so angry, but we had two bosses, one of the bosses was their just to hold the purse, and the other was there because he knew what he was doing (the one was a plumber and this was a plumbing outfit).

The other one that was their to hold the purse fired me without even telling the plumbing boss who knew what he was doing. I had earlier told the owner that I didn't think that the crew was being managed well, because the crew wasn't being provided with the tools that it needed, and were being directly neglected. But instead of looking into this matter, the owner had forwarded on this email, to the 'bosses'.

So then the 'purse holding' boss, saw that I was 'talking shit about him.' because the 'purse holding boss' cared about nothing other than the bottom line. He figured the less you spend the more you have. So he tried to cheap out, or not spend money at all (the purse man is an old white haired man, and his last position was a sewing factory that went out of business, for neglect of the employees... theirs horror stories about what happened their)

But when I talked to the owner about this, he didn't even look into it. He right away told me that my attitude needed changing. I was surprised, but I told him, that my real boss had called me on the monday after I didn't come in, (got fired on a friday) and asked me why I wasn't there because I had skills that he required, and he thought I did good work.

but the owner still didn't listen, and we got into a religious talk about money... This particular owner is notorious for corporate take overs, and foreclosing on loans, or rather he gives his friends business loans, and then if he doesn't get a certain return it is hidden in the contract that the business becomes his. So he has made close friends sell their house and live in an apartment, while he takes their business and sells it.

But he told me, that God delights in people that take action, and get things done, he told me that God requires that we take from others when they cannot manage it themselves, because in the bible when Joseph had all the grain, and their was a famine, Joseph asked that if people didn't have the money to buy the grain, that they would then give him their land, and if they did not have land, they would give him their livestock, and if they did not have that, than to give whatever they had.

He told me that Joseph is symbolic of Christ. So obviously his business practices are upright. After this, we ended the conversation.

This wasn't my first religious encounter with this elder, prior to this, I was having discussion with my dad, I told my dad that I believe the apocalypse is coming, and that we need to get the church in order.

I told him that Paul was a messenger of the Anti-christ, because of his message of death, (yes Paul preached about Jesus, but like the lamb that will only be eaten of once its dead, Paul preached that Jesus gave us his salvation by his death, and that to partake in life you must partake of jesus's cross and of his death). I told my dad that this was the message of Satan and my dad kinda freaked on me, so he called up this same elder, and he came over and we had a chat. And I started it off by telling him that I believed that the end was near.

First he told me that christians are not afraid of the apocolypse, they are looking forward to it, because then they will get their reward.

And secondly, there is nothing wrong with what paul preaches.

After hearing this, and feeling in my heart that it was wrong, I looked up the elder from our global affiliate church who is responsible for this area and asked him about his views on these matters, and he told me to listen to what my dad and this elder are telling me, because their is an evil demon inside of me that is trying to take control of me.

He said that if I didn't repent and turn from my evil ways I would be consumed by Satan.

I am still in contact with this Elder... Actually he was at the church service in my town this morning, he came out here, and notified me that he would be here. But I didn't show up in the morning, because I have better things to do than waste my time.

I had originally stopped going to church anyways, however I had returned to my home town to work for the Elder that I am talking about. So when I returned to town, I went to church, because I believed that the man was honest and upright.

Actually funny story, I came here to work at a Heat Pump manufacturer, because I thought, saving the environment, working for a christian man, this is a good start to doing good things.

But not soon after I had moved here, I was fired from that job, because when I was asked to do a systems analysis diagram, my diagram was apparently not what the CEO was looking for. He also thought I was arrogant, and he needed to put me in my place. Again the diagram was exactly what was asked of me, but my boss was looking to have me do the diagram and then outsource the actual work, so in the diagram I gave extra detail, and showed that we could do everything in house. (again there was a second boss, who used to own this company, and he was riding on my side, promoting what I was doing, and for that reason I got fired... sewing contention again)

Anyways, today I was looking up those carcase scriptures, and I came across Isaiah 66:

Further to this, I also found this chapter in Amos today:

2. the most significant and miraculous thing that has happened to me was at the age of 7.

i was at a friends house doing what young boys do--climbing a tree. the tree itself was only about 60 ft. tall. as im climbing, i decide to make my way to the top and look out at the subdivision with my head emerging from the canopy of the tree. i found a branch no bigger than my wrist (a seven year old's wrist) and stepped onto it. there were only a few seconds of gazing from above the tree before i heard a crack. i look down and then the snap came.

i was falling from the highest point of the tree, my head and limbs slamming against every branch in my path to the ground. gravity was obviously not on my side and the branches didn't aid in breaking my fall. as i fell from the tree, my body struck the root system protruding from the ground near its base.

i lay there with the wind knocked from my lungs, not wanting to make an attempt to stand. after i had regained my breath, i picked myself up from the ground still a bit shaken.when all was said and done, i had suffered no concussions,no bone fractures, no bumps, no missing teeth or whatever else you might expect from an accident such as that.no overwhelming pains. i came out with nothing more than a small scrape on my waste.

**i consider this a sign from God. i haven't found out why He spared me on that day but i trust that He has set me on the right path and that i am on my way to fulfilling His plan for me.

3. Im sorry but this post is silly. I see absolutely nothing supernatural about this. Ok so you got fired cause some guy dosen't like you, so you read the bible and somehow try to tie it to you life to make you feel better about your misfortunes? This is what religion is all about.

4. It does seem silly.

Today I watched the movie Night Watch at my friends place. The movie is about the battle between light and dark. After the movie I walked out of the room and shed a couple tears in the washroom because I could identify with one of the lead characters so strongly.

[spoiler alert]

In the biggining of the movie the main character signs a contract with a witch because his girlfriend was pregnant and it wasn't his kid. The witch attempts to perform the incantations to have the pregnancy terminated, however the night watch shows up and stops the incantations, and arrests her.

The night watch is an organization of people, called others, who have gifts that other people don't have; however the way they use their gifts determines wether they grow in the ways of light, or wether they grow in the ways of darkness darkness.

When they use their gifts, they will have to make the choice to feed off of light (doing good) or fee off of darkness (drink blood). The gifts that they have can allow them to walk through walls, hear thoughts, and so on, so that they can maintain the balance between Good And Evil.

The forces on the side of Light, are called the Night Watch because they work at night time to keep track of the forces of Darkness (Vampires and such); and the Day Watch are called that because they work during the Day to keep track of the forces of Light.

The part that really struck me is that later on in the movie, the child who the lead character had originally wanted dead (but the incantation was stopped by Night Watch) re-apears, and they find out that he is also an other, but not only that he is said to be the chosen one, or the messiah, who can turn the tides in favor of light, and remove the curse of death from humanity forever.

However when the time comes for the child to choose his path, the child chooses the path of darkness, because he finds out that this lead character, (which had since joined the night watch) had signed the contract for his death.

The reason why this really hit home with me, is because I have dealt with these types of complex emotions before. When I was in university I fell in love with a beautiful girl who was as close to perfect as I've ever found; our first kiss was electric, and just knowing that she was interested in me made me feel like the most powerful person in the world.

At that moment I felt as though I had everything that a person could want; because even though I lived in the Ghetto, I had a girl that knew how to respect me for who I was. and loved me.

However, this was soon snatched away from me, after one day when there was a strong chance that she was pregnant, and I told her to do what it took to get rid of it. She told me not to worry she wouldn't have the child. She told me that she'd like to get a boob job though; I told her she should do it.

After this, I felt pretty discusted with myself, as if I had just undone all the good choices that I had ever made in my life. I felt so guilty that I went back to church to see if they could lift the curse from me, they said there was no curse, I just needed to look to jesus and join their religion, and put away every body out of my life that isn't a Christian.

So I dumped her, and changed my life, moving from the ghetto into some church peoples house. At first i thought I had beat it and I wasn't going to have to feel guilty for what I had done. But then a few months later she called me and said she missed me and wanted to hang out. So I told her we would do that.... I realized that these church people were kinda boring, when i lived in the ghetto it was so much more alive, even if there were sometimes people doing drugs in the living room and having sex.

So I called the girl who I had dumped back on another day and told her that I was a real prick to her, and i'm sorry. And then she broke down, as I guess she was suffering from the same guilt of terminating the pregnancy too. After that it was done, their was nothing connecting us anymore, and I felt what it was like to have no love in me for anything.

I tried to kill myself one night, but I stopped myself from it. I dropped out from school and went to live with my parents for a while, until I moved back and finished my school. Since then everything has changed in my life, and my understanding of love and hate has opened me to knowing things that I had no reason to be interested in before

However I have been awakened to higher and higher levels of understanding, that mean absolutely nothing to anybody but me, and the people who understand people like me. The real night watch.

The forces of light and dark are not fictional, however they apear everywhere in fiction as an art that expresses reality in ways that are unexplainable, unless you belong to it.

In one part of this Night Watch movie the lead character has an owl that is sent to him, in order to protect him from the forces of darkness. Two weeks ago I had a great grey owl living outside my basement window.

This owl's name was Olga, and she was a shape shifter.

I have a close friend who understands the battle between good and evil, and has pledged alligence to fight in the war that is coming. I lived with him after I had to move out of the stripper's place. While I was living their he told me that he would never date a woman again because he had his heart broken.

When I was staying with him, he had a girl that was interested him, by the name of Olga, but he didn't really pay to much attention to her, and actually she flirted with me in front of him, because she wanted somebody, if he wasn't interested. I flirted back with her a little bit, but never really gave her any hope of a relationship, until he got a bit jealous of it. And then he committed himself to her.

At this point I could see that I was becoming a third wheel so I moved, this time home. I knew that it was right, because a friend of mine really needed my help because he got busted for drugs and is on his way to federal time next month.

But in these past few months his life has changed, and he proposed to his girlfriend at Christmas time, and his lawyer has told him that there is a very good chance of house arrest.

He has told me that he is awakening to new things that he never knew existed, and as a musician (guitarist) he has been able to write 18 different songs (without vocals but otherwise well composed) as a base for starting a band once he's done with his Jail time.

He has asked me if I'm the anti-Christ because of my attitude towards organized Christianity, and how I talk about spirits and show him things about numerology. But, I am simply a person who has decided that I am going to do what is right, and not let the things that matter the most, be at the mercy of the things that matter the least.

They say that Jesus was married as a youth, but his wife died, and after that he dedicated his life to helping others.

Jesus was found in the company of harlots and publicans, bringing healing the ones who were in need of a doctor, and rebuking the ones who caused the sorrow and misery.

Now the church has him hanging from a tree, and tell us that he has given his life, and his blood so that we don't have to pay for the things that we do. All we have to do is claim his blood on the cross, and accept that he died for us, and they we are free from our sins.

I have realized a long time ago, that this is the attitude that caused me to lose my first love. And I must promise every day, never to make that decision again. Because thoughts are not just thoughts, everything must be accounted for.

Two weeks ago my friend who invited me in after I had to leave from the strippers house and his wife Olga had their first child, a baby girl.

Last year I flew home in October to be the best man at my friends wedding, he lived with me and the strippers, but he always talked about his first girlfriend, the one who he always wanted to marry and have a simple life with.

He had move out to alberta to hang around for the ride, and enjoyed the company of the strippers, until he got in contact with his first love over the internet, and they'd chat, and the girls would tell him to turn the cam on so they could flash her.

I guess she got jealous of the adventure, and he moved back here to Manitoba and they were married. They had their first son last February.

Now that I'm around here his wife used to try and flirt with me, but we've been becoming friends.

--------------

To me these are all signs that I am not delusional, even though I see things that aren't there sometimes, or talk about every day events being special.

To most people every day is meaningless.

But their are others, who see things, and they must choose for themselves which side they will serve.

Their are many levels to darkness, and the power the comes with it, I have heard voices asking me if I will join it, I will say never, and then I will be tested in the area that I pledged that I would not do. If I succeed I increase in the was of light, if I fail, I increase in the ways of death.

In the movie they say that if a person who is a good other, does not grow in it he will die. He must pledge himself 100% one way or another.

In the second movie Day Watch, the main character searches for a way to undo his mistake in choosing to have his son killed. By searching for the chalk of destiny that can allow you to redo your choices, so that the messiah chooses the side of light rather than the side of darkness.

I haven't watched it all. But It has given me much to think about.

5. Well let me tell you this...signs...are interpreted from the viewer. If you see it as a sign it is...does that change the validity of the sign? Absolutely not. Reason being you create your reality, Ye Are Gods.

About your manager...I'm so sorry you have/had to deal with such ignorance and corruption. That's ridiculous, and honestly I would have a tough time not wanting to sock the guy right in his nose. :devious: Not really...but you know.

As far as your "elders" :rolleyes: telling you to follow these people because your full of evil!?!?!!?? WTF...no. You are NOT full of evil, unless you lend your mind to accompany that thought and reality. Nothing is real unless you allow it and wish it to be. Once agian...ye are gods. Goodluck to you and your 'situation'.

Love-

6. nope.

they were all quite natural.

... or are you using a different meaning of "supernatural" than me? ;)

reference markers for us all, all over the place. the best one though, is not the feedback, it's the little voice in stillness within us. * k'dunk-dunkdunk * wakey wakey. :D

nah, yeah, all the time though. lol.

"look around you wesley, what do you think here is sacred to us?.....

...everything. everything is sacred to us." - that tribal american (-like) bloke in the episode of star trek next gen where wes' goes off with the traveler having reached the understanding that thought is an integral component of the make-up of the universe.

7. Couldn't agree more; I could never elevate one part of God's creation above another.

That's the whole point; every day events are the work of God; he doesn't put on shows; taking in the present moment can make you open your mind to so much.

People are so caught up in looking for mysteries that they don't realize that light is not like that; yes there are things that we don't see, because we don't have the capacity, or we haven't grown enough, growth requires following the law of light; that everything is one.

Darkness is a mystery, it is the most complex set of hierarchies and secrets that have levels that are unknown and baffling. When you hear religous leaders talk about the great mystery of god, then this is what they are talking about, they just don't know it. The simple reason for this is that darkness is confusion, the more you explore it the more lost you become.

8. lol That last part is simply a hack of shit. The deeper you get into darkness (provided you're not too lazy to consider getting out) the faster you can learn to respect its purpose in establishing a sort of Universal equilibrium.

Not to mention, you get the unique opportunity to integrate your conceptions of dualism, Universalism, and selfism through an understanding the patterned, mathematical subtlety with which "darkness" balances out "self-aware and conscious" organized light.

9. Absolutely.

I do not believe in god. Or a higher power. I am the definition of agnostic. If I can't physically see something, I can't believe it. I need scientific evidence to change my mind about most things. However, I do belive in marijuana.

I'm sure most of you have looked at your pipe while taking a hit and noticed that the red amber against the darker weed/ash made an image. Just like looking at clouds.

A bunch of years ago, I was watching the Yankees play the Blue Jays while I was smoking a bowl, the ambers made a perfect smiley face. I mean, a perfect semi cirlce on the bottom of the bowl for a mouth..... two unconnected vertical slits on the top of the bowl for eyes..... and another unconnected dot in the middle for a nose. I noticed this perfect smiley face and thought to myself, 'Self, this could be a sign of good thigs to come." Sure enough, before I could take another hit, one of my all time favorite players, Paul O'Niel hit a 3-run homerun to give the Yanks the lead. They eventually won the game

Since then, when I notice a smiley face in my pipe I know that good things may soon follow.

So all that brings me back to my absolutely. A few weeks ago I was watching the divisional playoff game between my beloved New York Giants and my sworn enemy, the Dalls Cowboys.

If anyone follows footbal, they know that the world hangs off the cowboys dick. And, everyone ALWAYS picks agains the Giants. No matter who they're playing. For whatever reason, the Giants get no respect...EVER!! Not even from Giants fans.

Anyway, during the game the Cowboys had a 20 play drive that took like 10 minutes. During that drive I was smoking a bowl, and I saw the smiley face. Once again...it was perfectly shaped and proportioned. As soon as I saw that I knew everything was gravy. After that loooong drive, the Giants had 46 seconds left in the half. They preceeded to drive theball down Dallas' throat and scored a touchdown before the half. Needless to say the Giants won the game. (It sucks that even now that the Giants are in the Superbowl they still get no coverage.... its all about Tom Bradys stupid fucking girlfriend and his stupid fucking foot....we will see. Maybe when the Giants crush the Pats hopes and dreams they will get some respect.)

During the game, whenever Dalls did something good...or we did something bad.... I didn't worry at all. I knew everything was gravy because of the smiley face.

Thats the only thing I believe in. The marijuana smiley face.

10. I really felt like letting this thread die, because i got off on a rant or two, that kinda meandered around without any real point.... But bkadoctaj's response really has been burning on my mind for a while, so I guess this thread won't die (for now).

I'm glad that bkadoctaj clarified what I said, so that I could explain the point of what I was saying.

I believe that the most powerful revelation that a person can have is to see that what many call evil is a necessary side of the same coin as that of good.

The life that we live, and our material existence is hinged on good and evil, hot and cold and so on. We exist where everything maintains an equilibrium; we call it earth.

See we arrive at the same point, but I feel like my conclusion is different from yours. But maybe it's just the way you worded it there.

I believe that even though we must recognize the Dualism as being linked together, we must still ultimately choose life, or deny it.

It is not simply enough to explore it... Although that is our task, we must still choose a side. This is done first in our heart, and then through our actions.

I have heard dark voices asking me to join them, and they will give me anything I want. I have also been in situations where my actions make my decisions for me. Some people think that they can simply do what they are told and then their actions won't be held against them.

This is not the case. Everybody will reap what they sow. They're is no such thing as a mistake or an unfair judgment. If you go in the ways of darkness, you will receive that reward, if you go in the ways of light you will receive that reward.

You can see this in your everyday life... If you choose to.

11. Perhaps one might view his/her personal role to be to make such a choice. So what?

12. i was reading calmly and taking that in until i read that. statements like that make me lash out in violent outbursts of "FUCK OFF".

"we must choose a side" :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

science gang call that "schizophrenia". :laughing: nah, sry, shouldnt laugh. but it's worth considering how much life's indoctrinations play a role in such things.
    so.... do i get both rewards since i chose both ways? :p

ps, i chose not to choose [one half of a false dichotomy] actually. like captain kirk... first man to beat the kobeiyashi maru test.

to which [and the rest of your reply, perhaps to the whole thread] i reply with the following poigniant quote:

13. Well now it does seem like this thread is worth while... we have uncovered something to talk about. Let's just hope we can understand what each other is saying.

In a different thread, digit, you ranted and raved about how nobody should be allowed to judge a person, and throw them out of a community.

What do you have against Judgment digit? Are you incapable of it?

Have you not executed judgment with regards to your own personal views? Didn't you just tell me to fuck off because I said something against them? Haven't you just executed judgment that favored your view?

Sounds like your incapability to choose does not demonstrate higher understanding, but a lack of moral orientation.

Lack of orientation may make it seem like your in charge, but you certainly don't get anywhere with it. One day you move in one direction, when the wind is blowing that way, and the next day you move in the next direction...

All I am talking about here is orientation. I'm not telling you that you have to choose one side or the other, and you have to be 100% one way or another. That isn't possible, we are what we are; and that is a medium. However, you do have the choice which way your pointed.

My compass always points towards the light.

where is your problem with making a choice?

14. I'm down with giving it my all. :) To see my dream come true. :)

15. Here's to it :)

16. What about the supRAnatural?? Thats like a whole different level about supER.

(stolen from Tenacious D)